24. A day before the End of the World

To hide the existence of the underground space, Xander and Artemis decided to stay in the Villa area as front.

Fortunately Artemis purchased one of the biggest Villas in the central part, because Xander's villa coincidentally just right beside hers.

It's an enclosed low-key villa with ordinary front, but with high tech functions all over.

Upon entering with Xander and the kids, a clanging sound ruined the quiet atmosphere, followed by running footsteps towards them.

Xander sighed in frustration as he lead me towards the living room, just in time to see four tall men with military posture hurrying towards us, followed by a tall beauty who's running crazily towards her.

Artemis braised herself for the impact when the woman carefully embraced Zia and Zoe. Xander nodded at me so I let them go.

"Wow! What a pretty babies!" she rubbed her face to the girls, then faced her with a bright smile. "Hello beautiful sister! This brat hid you so deep. If not for this disaster, how would I know your existence?" she complained. Giving Xander a hard look, different from her coquettish appearance just now.

Xander cleared his throat and gave his sister a warning look, but it's just like hitting a cotton. She just ignored him completely. Sighing helplessly, he introduced.

"Everyone, this is your sister-in-law, Artemis Black, my children, Zion, Zia and Zoe" a look of surprise crossed Zion's eyes, but immediately hid it away.

"These are my brothers and confidants, Anton, Brent, Caspian, Dion" he gestured to the lady holding the twins"and this is my elder sister, deputy commander Alexis Lin Calum" he introduced.

Long forgotten memories came to her after hearing Alexi's name.

Ah. The unlucky commander who lost her life prematurely, just to save hundreds of power users. The goddess of war, deputy commander Alexis Lin Calum.

Her eyes looking at Alexis became extra warm after the introduction. Not because she's the sister of Xander, nor because of her strength.

The reason why she looks up at her was because of gratitude.

Among the hundreds of ability user Alexis saved that time, was her. She was just a chicken running ability user that time, but because she haven't discovered her usefulness yet, she was forced to join a lot of unorganized ability groups to feed her family.

Alexis, back then had a hideous scars on her face. That's why she didn't recognize her instantly after meeting her. She was so different from this lively lady infront of her. The coldness and indifference in her eyes back then, was gone.

She looked up at Xander just in time to capture his black eyes. A dark current hidden in his seemingly cold face was showing for a second. He gave her a kiss on her temple, tacitly understanding what's on each other's minds.

"Yo yo yo! I said, boss. Please be a little bit considerate to single dogs! How dare you do public display of affection infront of us" Dion, the playful one in the group, complained.

"Oh. You still don't know how to control your mouth" Caspian interjected. Giving Artemis a slight nod as greetings. "Nice to meet you sister-in-law " he seriously greeted.

"Hahaha! Sister-in-law, welcome welcome!" a burly man enveloped her in a warm embrace. Just after a second, Xander kicked him away, but he just rubbed his aching butt and showed her a genuine smile"

"Brent, don't scare sister-in-law away" said Anton before offering a handshake. His cold and calm attitude slightly resembles Xander's, but he's a tamed version of him.