2

Remus' hadn't known what to expect when he walked into the compartment after the prefects meeting. A girl was sat in the corner and Sirius looked like he had been laying on the charm pretty thick, but the girl looked completely unamused with Hogwarts' resident heartbreaker. He had assumed his friend had pulled her into the compartment in an attempt to impress her, but once the boy slid the door open he didn't know what to think.

The girl's angry expression, once she sees him standing in the doorway, faded away. Remus can't help himself from feeling completely flustered by her persistent flirting. At first he had thought it was a joke, after all who would want to flirt with him when Sirius and James were right there, but her coy gaze didn't stray from him.

He had to admit she is definitely the most attractive girl he has ever seen, especially when he studies her face up close. She has long, dark eyelashes, that are constantly being batted in his direction, with deep brown eyes. Her face is unblemished, apart from a beauty spot under her left eye, and her lips are full. The intimidating makeup covering her face only enhances this natural beauty.

Remus doesn't think her attraction to him will last, especially considering how well she is getting along with James and Sirius, a girl as bewitching as her will have a crowd of guys fighting for her attention. The boy finds himself feeling slightly disappointed at thought, but knows he is being realistic. Who would ever find him attractive? His arms and legs are far too lanky and his body is also rather thin for someone of his stature- especially compared to the other boys in his year, who had all begun packing on some muscle. Scars cover his entire body and they would only continue to grow in number. Not to mention he is a monster. There is no way she, or anyone for that matter, would want to come within a miles radius of him if they knew.

He finds himself spiralling as the journey passes by him, pretending to be entranced by his book. In all honestly he hadn't read a single word since entering the compartment, and hadn't even noticed when the train arrived at Hogsmeade station. "You coming pretty boy?" Circe asks.

Remus snaps out of his thoughts, looking over to her and his lingering friends. The words don't seem to find their way out of his mouth, so he just nods instead. When the group of five steps off the train, Circe waves at them. "W-wait, where are you going?"

The brunette chuckles, directing her thumb over to the group of first years surrounding the large man at the other side of the platform. "I have to go with the firsties." She tells the group. "I haven't been sorted yet."

"We'll catch you later then, right?" James asks, already having grown fond of the girl in the fews hours they had known each other. She nods, receiving a farewell from the group. "I hope she's in Gryffindor." Remus can't help agreeing with his friend.

Sirius chuckles. "She's certainly daring enough." He looks over to the tallest of the group, sending him a cheeky grin and a sharp elbow to his side. "Bet Moony wants her to be in Gryffindor too. Did you see how all over him she was?"

"Circe wasn't 'all over' me, Padfoot. She was just being nice, it can't be easy having to transfer schools- especially in her sixth year." Remus denies, hopping up onto the carriage, the other boys give him a look- knowing full well she hadn't been able to look away.

Peter tries to hide his annoyance with the girl, not happy they she had stolen his friend's attention away. "She was quite the character."

The whole carriage ride James and Sirius tease Remus about how enchanted Circe was with him, the boy not believing how closed off she was before he had entered. By the time they reach the castle, his face looks ready to explode in both embarrassment and annoyance. He stomps into the castle, relieved that they'll be forced to sit in silence during the sorting. Most of their table is already filled, but luckily there was enough space for the group to sit together.