26

Circe isn't surprised to find that the train is much quieter than it was on the journey to Hogwarts. It suggests that she isn't the only one who is upset to be going home and to be away from their friends for a week. The only reason she isn't as sad as she had been when the day started is because of the party James' family will be throwing on New Year's Eve, but even then it's over a week away.

When she had first come to Hogwarts in hopes of growing close the Remus she had seen only in her visions, she hadn't imagined to make so many other friends. Before then, she had been so alone for years- which is mostly her own fault- but she hadn't expected to feel so lonely when thinking back at her time at the Eronmayervos. Knowing that she is a seer makes the brunette want to lock herself away from the rest of the world for her own safety but her friends make her want to do the opposite.

Circe would never actually admit this to any of them- except perhaps Remus- but she can't actually fathom a life without them. She could imagine it, the terrifying visions of the future make sure of that, but that only makes her want to fight harder for the things and people she has right now. The only thing is, no matter how much she strives to develop her abilities as a seer nothing seems to come of it. The girl has been trying to find meaning in the small and very limited hints she has been getting about how to do as such and yet she still has nothing.

Her face is sour as she stares out of the window of the train, not paying much attention to the passing countryside nor the chatter in the compartment coming from the boys. Circe's grips tightly onto Remus' but she is oblivious to the worried glances he is giving her.

"Are you okay?" The boy asks her quietly, wondering as to whether she is still upset about the situation at breakfast. His hand is squeezing hers just as tightly as she is doing to his.

She gives him a sad smile, thinking about the warning whispers she gets from Damocles Belby. "Fine, I'm just thinking." Circe tells him, snapping out of her daze.

"About what?" Remus asks her curiously, knowing that it can't be about anything good from the expression on her face. He leans in closer to her side, trying to provide some level of comfort.

The brunette debates her next words, unsure as to what to tell him. "The future." Circe tells him vaguely. She pulls their hands into her lap, meaning that his long arm has nowhere to go other than to rest on her chest. She lies her head on his arm and snuggles into it.

Remus stares down at her softly as she makes herself comfortable, confused by her answer but decides not to push it any further. He moves his eye-line up to the rest of the boys, somewhat started when he finds them all staring at the two of them. "What?"

"Nothing." Peter says quickly, avoiding the taller boy's gaze and he wrings his hands together.

Sirius scoffs, holding back his thoughts. His face lights up suddenly, a newfound excitement in his expression. "This'll be my first Christmas at the Potter's." He tells them happily.

"At home." James corrects, slinging his arm across his brother's shoulder and giving him a little shake. "You mean home." He insists.

Sirius chuckles, nodding his head as he corrects his previous statement. "Yeah, home I mean." He pulls out a box from one of his leather jacket's pockets along with a lighter from the other.

"Oh Padfoot, not in here." James grumbles, shifting away from him slightly.

"I'll do it out the window, don't get your knickers in a twist." Sirius laughs, seeing the disgust on the boy's face.

Circe's had snaps up at the promise of cigarettes behind had. "You got a spare?" She asks him hopefully, having had finished all the boxes she had brought with her at the start of term a few weeks ago now, despite thinking she had brought more than enough at the beginning of the year.