28

Phemonoe stands in front of Circe, dresses head to toe in silky white robes. Her posture is regal, even more so than the snobby purebloods that she has come into contact with a number of times. The woman's are the same milky white that the had been the first time she had seen her, only this time there is a sense of amusement radiating from her expression- not hopeful desperation.

"You couldn't have given me a couple of more clues? I've been stumbling all over the place like an idiot for the last few months trying to figure out what exactly it is that you wanted from me." Circe huffs with a dissatisfied expression on her face as she stares the woman up and down.

Phemonoe gives her taunting smile- as if she knows exactly what the brunette has been doing since she had tried to send her first message across to her. "And yet here you are."

Circe grumbles. Yes, she had figured everything out but she had done a tonne of research on anything and everything that could possibly tell her what is going on. She hates research more anything, the only reason she had done it in the first place is because of Remus. "Yeah and I only had to hear my grandmother's traumatising childhood to get here." The girl rolls her eyes.

"Know thyself." Phemonoe hums with a knowing grin, pointing to the stone walls. In Greek, a words are carved into them- the very same ones that she has been hearing since the whispers had started.

"I know far too much." Circe retorts, referring to both the visions of the future and her grandmother's history. "Well, it's done now. Why am I here?" She asks the woman impatiently. There's been all this lead up and now she is just casually chatting with a woman who looks like she is from somewhere far into the past.

"You have a choice." The woman tells her, with an unreadable expression on her face. "You can either unlock your full potential or lose your power all together."

Circe's relaxed composure falls as she stares at her in disbelief. "I could be like everyone else? Get a full nights sleep?" She questions, her voice quivering a little. The woman nods. "I could be normal."

There would be no more horrifying visions of the future. No more spending half of the night throwing up and lying on the bathroom floor. No more hurting herself. There had been a time where she had wished for the visions to disappear, wished to be anyone else but herself. However that time has long passed, her seer abilities have also given her so much. She found Remus and her friends- and she also has the power to save them from whatever fate awaits them.

"You could." Phemonoe replies bluntly, not missing the way the girl's face falls even more.

Circe shakes her head. "I can't. I need to be- I need to-"

Phemonoe grins, knowing that she would never accept to having her abilities being stripped away, even though they could potentially do herself more harm than good. "Save your friends?"

"Yes." She replies confidently. "I can do that right? I know what happens to Lily and James and that can't happen. I won't allow it to happen."

The milky eyed woman chuckles. "I guess you'll have to wait and see." She replies.

Circe rolls her eyes, completely over her vague answers. "I thought if I figured everything out then the cryptic messages would be over." She huffs at the woman. "Where the hell are we anyway?" The girl looks around at the stone walls, if she had to guess she would say that they are in a temple.

Phemonoe laughs at her crudeness. "Delphi, or more specifically the Temple of Apollo." She hums, admiring the place she calls home.

The brunette's jaw drops. "You have GOT to be kidding me." She spins back to face her ancestor with wide eyes. "You're an Oracle of Delphi?" Circe may not have taken divination but there aren't a lot of people who live in Greece that don't know about this specific temples, or the Pythias who reside in it. She had visited it years ago with her parents, but it's nothing more than rubble- nothing like the grand building she is currently in.

"The first." The woman replies smugly, obviously proud of her position. "I thought you'd know that, considering you have a book about me."

Circe smiles at her sheepishly. "Then you also know that I'm not one for hitting the books."

"You haven't done so bad in terms of studying recently." Phemonoe retorts, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

The girl shrugs, unashamed by her reluctance to study, she's always somehow managed to get by without it. "So why am I here?" She asks the woman straightforwardly. "If you hadn't noticed, I was kind of in the middle of something."

"My father had this temple built to be a sanctuary." Phemonoe deflects, looking around the room she sees on a daily basis. "It's a shame it will eventually be destroyed."

"Your father?" Circe asks, completely baffled. "You mean to tell me that you are Apollo's- THE Apollo's- daughter."

The woman laughs once more. "I see you aren't as hopeless as you make yourself out to be." She teases. "But I'm guessing that's intentional."

It's now Circe's turn to raise her eyebrow, rather impressed with how well the woman can read her. "Somewhat. If word ever gets out about me being a seer, no one's really going to think much from the rowdy girl that got kicked out of one school and is only really known for flirting or being rude in another." She still isn't actually keen on studying, nor does she over exaggerate her feelings for Remus. However her blasé attitude certainly helps her be the most unlikely of people to be a seer. "Hey! Stop dodging my question, why am I here?"

Phemonoe sighs. "Now that you've accepted your responsibility as a seer, I have to warn you that your visions will only grow stronger with time. They will be far stronger than before and will probably bring you a lot more pain and suffering than before." She informs the girl.

Circe nods slowly, not entirely surprised by this revelation. Her life has already been disrupted by the visions she has already had and as much as she would like to hand off her ability and be done with this overwhelming sense of responsibility, she can't. Not when she knows about all of the horrors that she can potentially prevent with them. Not when she can protect her friends. Not when she can save Remus. For Remus, she would do anything. "Well shit." She grumbles.

A/n sorry for the short chapter but I believe this part deserved a chapter to itself.

i've also been a lot more active on tiktok, if you'd like to check it out.

my username is     slaye    and i mostly post 9-1-1 and buffy edits!