20

James keeps a tight grip on Lily for the rest of their trip to Hogsmeade, both fearing for his safety and not wanting Circe to flirt with his girlfriend again. The ginger now finds it amusing how clingy he is with her, previously having found it annoying when he would cling to her side. Especially when the reason behind it is a girl eight inches shorter than him, who periodically sends threatening glares at him for grabbing Remus' hand before. They were all in good fun of course but she suspects his ego was slightly bruised after their little rumble.

Circe on the other hand makes sure to keep her hand tightly clasped in Remus', which she hears absolutely zero complaints about from said boy. She swings their arms back and forth, practically skipping down the street in happiness that he hasn't attempted to let go once. This earns her a few stares from those they pass by, the other students not used to seeing such a cheerful look on her face- used to the resting bitch face she usually adorns. Both her and James seem to be in some kind of unspoken competition on who'll be the first to let go, although the rest of the group isn't entirely sure.

Remus, who is rather pleased by his current proximity to the brunette, trails behind her a little as she waffles on about a muggle rock band to him. He has never been particularly fond of the genre but finds himself enjoying the conversation immensely. The coldness of her small hands send sparks running up his arms as he intertwines their fingers, the warmth of his complimenting hers greatly.

Sirius, feeling left out, links his arm up with Peter's- claiming that their outing has 'turned into a triple date'. The shorter boy flushes at the contact and stumbles a little before regaining his composure. "Merlin, I'm starving." Sirius complains, rubbing his stomach to emphasise his point. "So where are you taking me to lunch Wormy?"

"Erm- where do you want to go Padfoot?" Peter asks nervously. His eyes scan the street, looking for somewhere that would accept a group of six at this time of day.

A grin creeps its way onto Sirius' face. "How about Madame Pudifoot's? I had a great time there last Hogsmeade trip." The boy says excitedly, causing the couple at the front of the group to turn around to face him in horror.

"No!" James and Lily shout in unison, not liking that suggestion one bit. They had seen the aftermath of the scene that had been caused last time and had pretended to have no association with the three when they entered. The couple had admittedly had a lovely date inside the bright pink tea room and they didn't want to be shunned from one of the few good date spots in the village.

Remus chuckles, remembering how fierce Circe looked when she had slammed that girl's face into the table in his defence. "We've probably been banned for life anyway."

"We could still give it a shot, it'll be a laugh either way." The girl smirks, a million different ways to cause some mischief in the tearoom.

James shakes his head, not liking this suggestion one bit. The idea of them being barred actually brings a smile to his face, he and Lily could actually enjoy some romantic alone time without the threat of their friends joining. It could turn out to be a regular date spot if those three buffoons are actually banned, as they wouldn't be able to go in there to ruin the romantic atmosphere. "Why don't we check out the Three Broomsticks? There might still be some space." He's all for mischief, but only if it doesn't affect his relationship with his lovely Lily-flower.

"Fine." Sirius and Circe grumble.

The group trail into the overcrowded pub, searching for a place to sit. Half of the student body seems to be in here, all loudly talking at their tables. They find a table to squeeze onto, James still keeping his arm securely around Lily's waist as he slides into the both. Not wanting to lose, Circe doesn't release Remus' hand.