16

It's been a few week since the whispers had started and Circe hasn't gotten any closer to understanding what they mean. After that day she had heard them a couple of times but they only seem to begin when she is around Damocles Belby. She had approached Addy when she was with Anita and a few of their other friends, the blonde boy included, and that was the first time she had heard them again since their first appearance. Something, or someone, is trying to tell her something important. Something that obviously affects the future of all werewolves but she can't tell if it is good or bad.

Her research in the library had gotten nowhere. They all suggest using a crystal ball or tea leaves but she has never had much luck with those. The only thing bringing her closer to figuring out what these voices have to say is to be around Damocles. Circe isn't particularly fond of the boy, his constant flirting with her irritates the Hufflepuff to no end, and he seems to believe he has a chance with her because she hasn't told him to piss off yet. The brunette had thought about it, a number of times, but she doesn't want to scare him away when the only thing helping her figure out his future is to be around him. She isn't going to put her personal feelings above a whole group of people, a group which is already marginalised and detested by wizarding society.

Circe groans as she looks at her notes, not having anything of much use written down. Even the books in the restricted section hadn't been of much use, so she is back to square one. She hates feeling so useless. Especially when it comes to something that could potentially help Remus.

She has been up since four am and had arrived at the library at seven on the dot- when it first opens- and she has been doing this on and off for weeks. Checking her watch once over she realises that she has missed breakfast and that she would miss Transfiguration if she doesn't get a move on. She makes a mad dash down the corridors, barging past anyone who gets in her way.

"Nice of you to join us, Miss Darkwood." Professor McGonagall says stiffly to the girl, who walks in completely out of breath.

"Always a pleasure, Minnie." Circe grins, sauntering to the back of the class. She slides into her spot next to Remus, who is giving her a questioning look.

Despite her apparent past of constantly missing classes, Circe hadn't even been late once since joining Hogwarts- albeit a couple of close calls. Remus is worried that she is falling back into old habits, she is incredibly intelligent but he is worried the her track record will prevent her from excelling after Hogwarts.

The brunette gives Remus her usual flirty smirk as she pulls her parchment out of her bag, causing him to flush as he has once again been caught staring at her. As she begins to start taking notes, her mind goes blank.

"Circe? Circe?" Remus shakes her should as she continues to zone out, even after the lesson ended. He had watched her scribble across the lengthy stretch of parchment in front of her the whole lesson, but never once had she looked down at the page.

"Hmm?" She hums, snapping out of it.

Lily, James, Sirius and Remus are surrounding her, giving the girl concerned stares. "Is everything all right?" The ginger asks her softly.

"What do you mean?" Circe looks around the classroom, only just realising that lesson had ended. She can't remember a single thing from the last hour.

"Maybe you should go for a lie down in the infirmary." James suggests, noticing the distracted expression on his friend's face.

Circe gives them all a weak smile and collects her things. "I think I'll just go for quick nap in my dorm." She replies, not making eye contact with any of them.

The Hufflepuff trudges to her room tiredly. Once in her room, she pulls out her things- or more specifically the parchment she had written on. Ink splotches cover the page, the same words repeated all over. There is no pattern or method to the way they are written, just randomly scrawled all over the page in both English and Greek.

𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara