6

After another horrible vision, Circe once again finds herself at the top of the astronomy tower smoking through another packet of cigarettes. Her eyes stare off blankly into the distance, her head is so all over the place she almost misses the almost full moon hung in the sky. The thought of Remus going through that sort of agony every month breaks her heart, he is such a kind and gentle soul who deserves the world. Instead he had been cursed to live a life being shunned from it. Circe, as a seer, knows what it's like to have life altering secrets, despite the two having severely different consequences if they were to get out. She knows how isolating it can be to hide a large part of who you are away from everyone, never knowing who you can trust, always being afraid of someone discovering your secret.

Through her visions, she's aware of how much Remus' curse is going to affect the rest of his life. Always struggling to find a job, the moon's effects on him only getting worse with age, how no matter how much he grows to accept himself- very few others will. Circe frowns, realising her secret doesn't make it any easier on him. Eventually, the knowledge of her being a seer will get out, which will force them into hiding at least until the end of the war. The two of them will be rendered jobless and will end up relying on her father's money. He's a rather well off man- he had to be with his wife and daughter's sending habits- so the money wouldn't make much of dent in his bank account, but she could sense the pain Remus felt for not being able to provide a better life for her.

As the sun begins to rise, Circe's resolve hardens. She isn't going to let that happen, why have knowledge of the future if she isn't going to change it for the better. The brunette stands up from the spot she had been sat in for the last few hours and marches back inside, a sudden determination over taking her. 

When she enters the great hall, she's surprised to see that the marauders are already sat down at the Gryffindor table. James, Sirius and Peter are all happily chomping away at the large plates of food in front of them whilst Remus is picking away at a piece of toast. The boy's face is a sickly shade of green and his hands are shaking slightly, looking an awful lot like Circe does after a particularly bad vision. "Hey pretty boy." She greets him, her voice softer than she had ever heard it be before. "Trolls." She says to the other three sternly.

"Excuuuuse me?" James gasps, his fingers running through his hair as he gives her an offended glare.

Circe slides onto the bench sitting next to Remus, the warmth that he usually exudes had increased tenfold. "You heard me."

Sirius holds his hand over his heart, almost like it had pained him to hear. "I'll have you know it takes a lot of time to make myself look this good." He runs a slender hand over his hair, giving her a wink.

Peter doesn't say anything in response to her light hearted insult, he only continued to glare daggers at her like he usually does. Circe, of course, notices how unhappy he always seems to be with her presence but she opts not to say anything. She just supposes he's jealous with the attention she gets from his friends, the attention she guesses he usually receives. He isn't particularly good looking or intelligent or charming in anyway whilst his friends are, nor does he talk to anyone outside of their little group. It hadn't gone unnoticed by the brunette how much the boy admires James, Sirius and Remus, often resorting to follow them around like a lost puppy. He just seems to be rather territorial around them and Circe is invading his space.

"And yet, you still look like a troll." Circe tells him before turning to face Remus. The boy is faced away from her in attempt to hide his sickly demeanour from her piercing gaze. Her hand rubs his arm gently. "I told you, you should have gotten some rest today."

"I'm fine." He says in a weak voice, which wouldn't be able to fool anyone with half a brain.

Circe tuts, obviously not believing that for a second. Even if she didn't know about him being a werewolf she wouldn't, the boy looks like he is on death's door. She begins to pile some bacon on his plate, the pinkest looking ones she can find. The girl prefers her bacon practically burnt to a crisp but she knows that werewolves like their meat a little on the rarer side- especially on the day of a full moon. She also knows that transforming on an empty stomach will only make matters worse for him. "Eat it." She orders him, pointing at the small mountain of bacon on his plate.