Part 7

The battles seemed to have finally stopped, Frerin and Terwyn were happy. Thror seemed to be locking himself up more and more in his treasury of gold. That way he at least couldn't bother Frerin or Terwyn. Thrain was too busy training himself and Thorin as warriors, not leaving himself any time to watch Frerin and Terwyn. Terwyn was safe, for a while. One spring morning, Terwyn suddenly heard the horn of the Iron Hills. Curious as she was, she and Dis ran to the big gate where a number of dwarves from the Iron Hills were now walking in, led by Dain. Dain was immediately greeted by Thrain and Thorin after which they escorted him to the throne room where he also met Frerin and a little later King Thror.

"Lord Dain, long time no see, how are things in the Iron Hills?" Asked Thror immediately after which Dain's smile widened.

"Certainly King Thror, too long ago I would think! But thanks to you and your army, things are better than ever! For which I thank you!"

Thror nodded in satisfaction "Still I am sent to ask one last gift of you my king." Dain continued. Meanwhile, Terwyn and Dis were listening in from the hall. "What more can you expect from us lord Dain?' Asked Thrain then.

"Oh not really an expectation Prince Thrain, rather a suggestion. You see I noticed a young dwarf woman not so long ago, she seemed to get on well with Prince Thorin and Prince Frerin, but I have never heard you say her name. You may know her." Said Dain then causing Terwyn to see Frerin step forward. "Her name is Lady Terwyn." Frerin replied after which Thorin took his brother by the arm and pulled him back in his seat.

Dain nodded briefly when he heard this name "What is your interest in her?" asked Thorin immediately as Thrain and Thror were still looking at the dwarf lord in confusion.

"My grandfather Gror, would like to shelter the girl in the Iron Hills where I will have a chance to get to know her better." Said Dain then causing Terwyn to immediately take a step back as Frerin's eyes grew big and he stepped forward until Thrain stepped in front of him and Thorin grabbed his arm again.

"Lord Dain, she is just a common dwarf woman, not of royal descent, are you sure you want to shelter her in the Iron Hills?' Asked Thrain then after which Dain nodded.

"We insist." said Thrain then after which Thror nodded a not so well hidden smirk on his face. "Then so be it, guards fetch Lady Terwyn." He ordered.

"My king please you cannot do that!" Shouted Frerin then after which he disengaged and walked towards Dain and Thror.

"Why not?" Asked Thror then. "Lord she knows no one there, she is a scared and young girl, not even mature in dwarven years yet. How can she be of use in the Iron Hills?" Frerin then asked as gently as possible.

"She'll have me, you need not doubt her well-being or safety, she is as safe in the Iron Hills as she is in Erebor." Dain assured Frerin though he clearly did not understand how much Terwyn meant to Frerin. "Guardsmen bring her here!" said Thror again.

"Terwyn run! Run away!" hissed Dis then immediately as she was already pulling Terwyn along towards the main corridor to the big gates "Where to Dis? I have nowhere to go?" She mumbled fearfully.

"Go to Dale or something!" She tried but the girl shook my head "They'll find me!" She replied and even before Dis could drag her further outside, they were already surrounded by guards who pulled Terwyn away from Dis and led her to the throne room with Dis at their heels.

"Ah Terwyn, there you are dear child!" Said Thror suddenly very kindly when he saw her. Dis looked up at Frerin guilt all over her face as the young prince looked fearfully from Terwyn to Thorin as if he could save her again.

"Dear Terwyn, I believe you are lucky, out of the number of dwarven women living here in Erebor, you are the one chosen to travel with Lord Dain to the Iron Hills!" Said Thror cheerfully.