Chapter 32: Friends Who've Got My Back

~Astrid's POV~

The car wheels cried out as they glided through the rough road made of concrete colored in a deep black to give the illusion of smoothness. My car stopped briefly after stepping on the break roughly. I stepped out of the car feeling refreshed as ever as my assistant yelled "new record!"

"Wow, Astrid! You sure aced that!" My assistant says as she ran to me. I took off my messy bun from earlier this morning making my wavy hair flex its length down to my waist. My hair grew longer over the years and I liked it's length that's why I'm maintaining it.

"Did I? I thought it was just the same as my 3rd best record?" I say, she giggled and corrected herself agreeing that it was indeed just my 3rd and no new records have been made.

"You still did well, il proud of you!" she smiles, I nod and took a quick shower inside the bathroom where I changed into my causal clothes of aesthetic green and black jeans along with a round sling bag that was made of leather.

"Nice clothes, here are your doll shoes. By the way, are you going back to Berk? I heard that it's your Auntie's celebration day for Berk Academy's anniversary"

"Should I?" I ask back at her and she nods in response. I tilt my head to the side giving a her a quick smile before taking a jam sandwich she made.

While eating and munching on my food I couldn't help but talk while eating because my assistant was looking at me intently. "Well.. I want to go home but Heather's trauma of flying would be a problem" I say as an excuse

"Oh yeah, it's okay then. Maybe next year" she says, I continued to eat my sandwich before leaving after waving goodbye to everyone. I walked out of the parking lot and drove all the way back to berserk island's palace.

As I entered the massive hallway I spotted Heather inside the living room reading while her feet were covered with a soft blanket while she leaned over the while couch that was long and cozy. I flopped on the sofa veisde her and she looked at me. "Oh hey. Are we going back to Berk now?" Heather asks straight to the point.

"No. Flying across could trigger you" I say as an excuse just like I did to my assistant

"Find a person you can lie to. I know that me and my trauma aren't the issue. I know because I have no trauma!" she says and I frown at her. She does have a trauma, it's flying. She's just lying but once her feet leave the earthy floor she would cry and panic like a baby.

"You have the trauma of flying, remember?" I say and she swings her head side to side, back and forth. Liar! I just sighed and stood up about to leave

"You're just avoiding someone." She mumbles and she's not wrong

"I think it's time you give the both of you a chance, no? You know to yourself that you like him more than you say." she adds and I snapped

"Yeah you're right! These feelings and longing I should've killed years ago! I left Berk this long just to move on but I can't..." I say helplessly

"And that's okay" she responds and I shake my head, not it's not!

"No it's not okay! Heather, didn't you see? He wrote and entire song for Merida! For all I know those two are dating" I say frustrated not because Heather kept pushing but the thought of him and Merida being together in secret once more made me lose my self-control.