Chapter 33: Back to Berk

-Hiccup's POV-

"Astrid is coming back to Berk!" Tuffnut barged inside, lots of the paperworks on my desk flew away like feathers when Ruffnut started throwing them around.

I couldn't care less about those stupid papers, what I was interested in was what Tuffnut had said "What? Could you repeat that Tuff? Astrid is.." I halted unsure if I should finish the sentence

"That's right! She's coming back home to Berk y'all! Go tell your Mom!!" He yelled in happiness, then came Fishlegs and Snotlout

"Hiccup have you heard?!" Fishlegs peeked into my office, he stopped midway when he saw the twins running around throwing my paperwork's everywhere while yelling 'Astrid's coming back home!'

"Wow, what a surprise.." Snotlout snobbed and walked inside confidently. Fishlegs rushed inside as well to pick up the thrown papers on the ground.

"Guys! These are important documents! Why would you throw it away like a piece of trash?" The twins scoffed and rolled their eyes at him like he was some joke.

"Because... these documents have been keeping Hiccup away from us!" Ruffnut answered

"Yeah, they're trash!" Tuffnut yelled too. Fishlegs just face palmed and continued picking up the paperwork.

I took my coat and ran out the door without a word. Everyone followed me in a hurry, I went out where my mother and her guests are. "My beautiful Hiccup.." my Mother says softly. She was well now, better actually. She has overcome her stroke and doesn't need a wheel chair anymore.

"Mom.. guess what?" I said excitedly, she looked at me with a smile on her face and curiousity.

"You seem so happy.." she commented, Fishlegs then butt in and said

"Because, Astrid's coming back home!"

"She is?!" Fishlegs nods at my Mother's question and they started jumping up like kids. With so much happiness inside of me I couldn't help but join them.

"This is great!" My mother squealed

"I know! And, Heather is coming back too!" Fishlegs squealed. Everyone screamed like kids until they processed what Fishlegs just said.

"O-oh.. Heather huh?" Ruffnut sighed, I frown.

"What's wrong with Heather coming back home?" I ask

"She's just- AH! I am very much hurt!!" Tuffnut screamed at the top of his lungs when Ruffnut rode him like a horse just to pull his long hair that he called his beard... For a weird reason.

"Okay okay" It took use about a minute to pull Ruff away from Tuff. At least it was what I hoped, Ruffnut found her way to her twin brother again and started licking his butt.

"I have a brilliant idea!" My mother gasp. We all looked at her, she gave us a wide grin before saying

"Let's throw her a welcoming party!" My mother cheered, everyone was happy about it but I wasn't. I wasn't because it will be held here at our mansion, where I live.. where she'll see me.. and might be the actual reason why she would change her mind about coming back.

"Yea.." I mumbled, I knew they would barely hear it and I was glad. They didn't even notice I spoke, I walked away from them and in the backyard where my mother grew her 5,373 different kinds of flowers.

I need fresh air... I sighed, wow. It's been 4 years since I last saw her, how is she? I chuckled bitterly at a past thought. If she still hate me, or maybe doesn't even want to see me forever or maybe... She moved on. I hate those thoughts but I've confirmed it, every day she calls. I'm reminded how much she's pained to see me. How she doesn't want to see my face, everything about me she don't want to talk about. She avoids everything about me.

Later that night I was preparing myself for what's about to come or who's about to come. I wore my black suit underneath another black garment and white polo. I wore a dark red tie in between the black garment and white polo. My pants were colored black as well as my shoes. Black got into me so much most of my things are colored black or red, there are some brown but it's usually shoes.

"Hiccup? Are you in here?" My Father called. I shouted back and he came in my room. I was standing in front of my mirror fixing my tie when he came in.

"You look mature Son." He commented, I tightened my tie and fixed my suit.

"I know" I say briefly.

"And I know you are mature." he replied

"Son.. I just want you to know that everything will be fine" he says randomly, I gave him a raised brow.

"I know Dad" I mumbled and walked off. I knew it because this time for sure.. I won't let her go. Even if she turns away I will let her know I won't accept rejection easily.

He sighed and walked out with me. The party started and everything was great, I was actually having fun but the nervousness of seeing her wasn't wearing off and I don't think it will.

"Astrid!" My mother squealed and there she was, my Astrid! She looked beautiful as she walks in all eyes on her, she was the main character and everyone celebrated her return. Friends and Family were invited and I knew she would know I'm here but when she made eye contact with me her smile slowly dropped and there I knew that she wasn't ready to face me. To interact even the slightest and it stings.

I hate this feeling. I feel like I was broken all over again. After healing all these years and building myself up from scratch all it took was one look at her eyes unhappy to see me was enough to break all of those therapy sessions, reassurance from my friends and forgiveness I easily gave away.

I see her eyes averting somewhere where I wasn't in the background or even a side view but she was more than surprised to see Rapunzel, Jack, Elsa and Merida all in one corner drinking and looking at her.

I wanted to approach her and tell her how much I miss her, hug her, feel her warmth and cry on her shoulder but I refrained myself from doing so. I left and got some wine to drink and I just sat in a corner as I watch her interact with tons of people, anyone except me and the rest of the band.

====================================

:)

So I know it's short, I'm sorry. I just ran out of ideas for this and I don't want to abandon it like the rest of my novels that are still unpublished and are in my drafts. I'll add more details and make the next chapters a bit longer because the end is coming and I think I really need to add more details to the story instead of rushing it. I'll try to finish it a week before our periodical test (March 25-26) so please bear with me a little more T^T