Chapter 35: Wedding

It's been 3 years since that happened, Astrid and Hiccup kind of are planning to get married but they think it's still a bit too soon. I was on the floor sewing my mother's long wedding gown.

It's so old it had to be re-tailored just so I could use it again, if not.. it will be torn before I could even walk with it on.

"Love? Are you in there?" My fiance called, I got up and walked over to welcome him.

"Hi! I was just sewing my Mom's old wedding gown" I say as I opened the door wide so he could enter. He did and sat down beside the wedding gown.

"It's beautiful" he says touching the fabric

"Where's Astrid?" I asked and he shrugged

"Maybe she's out with Hiccup—again." he sighed and I laughed

"Those two are like magnet that's been super glued together" I giggled and he sighed again

"Yeah, it's adorable if you ask me"

"By the way, don't you want to just order online? Or we can go to a tailor to personally make you a dress" he suggested

"Love, you know that I love my Mother's dress. It's the only thing she left to me and I want to wear it in my wedding day, to feel like she's still with me" he smiled

"You know what, let's prank everyone!" He says out of nowhere, really? During the wedding day? This couldn't get any better, but of course I had to agree.

-Hiccup's POV-

The clouds above us were different, they were beautiful. Even with them being shaped with the most random and unfamiliar things, I found them beautiful and unique. I guess everything looks that I didn't appreciate much before I can appreciate better thanks to my girlfriend.

"The picnic is no nice" I sighed

"You're smiling" Astrid points out, my smile grew wider

"Because of you. I thought life couldn't be better when we were performing in stage, but I guess us disbanding after 2 years of playing was good. Everyone became a soloist and I love that for them"

"I missed those days though, when the gang and I had a free concert everytime you all practice. I'm starting to think that you shouldn't have disbanded the band" I laughed at her comment, I love the band as well. It was my very dream, my escape to reality. But why would I want to escape reality when she's in my reality?

"Nah, not worth it to keep. I'd rather have you in my life than the band. It was just.. a temporary dream I soon had to leave" I shrugged

"A dream you have always loved since.. well forever"

"Not forever Astrid. I have up on the band because I didn't want to cause any further scene between the band. The environment could just get toxic, if not.. awkward. I don't want that. Besides, I had other dreams to pursue, I don't just have one but many to achieve, if we had kept the band we wouldn't be able to find new dreams to pursue." I say and she smiled sweetly

I pulled her close, she giggling beneath me but stopped after my face got closer. Before I could even kiss her Ruffnut and Snotlout appeared

"Hey wassup y'all it's RuffLout! The best of the best teams!" They screamed and ran around like kids.

"Can't you guys see we wanted some alone time?" I say but they don't care

"Ugh! How is the wedding decorations going?! You two said you would tale care of it!"I yelled at them so they can hear.

"Yeah! Already taken care of!" Ruffnut said and of course, I didn't trust her and got up to check. Astrid rolled her eyes feeling annoyed the moment got ruined.

She walked beside me. She didn't hold my hand which got to my attention so I took hers interlocking them. She didn't react but seemed to be lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked, I stopped so I could look at her closely. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me.

"Well, Tuffnut says you have a big plan for a wedding that just might make me cry" she said and I froze. Didn't I tell them to keep quiet?! I laughed sheepishly trying to conceal the surprise

"What is it Hiccup? What did you plan?" She asks and I kept quiet.

"You'll find out soon. But like I get said, you may cry so get your handkerchief ready" I smiled and she frowned at me.

"I don't cry easily!" she says and I smiled, of course she doesn't, I didn't say she would cry but might cry.

After checking on the wedding plan both of those mutton heads haven't done a single thing. I, of course had to start because the wedding decorations had to be sorted out, the wedding starts 7 hours later. Astrid helped me out.

After 5 hours of doing the work everything was set. From the food to the decorations and tables, the sunset was getting near, only two more hours. I asked Astrid to check on the bride and asked Jack to check on the groom. Everything was perfect.

Two hours later, I get to see one of my most dearest friends get their wedding dream. Tuffnut enters the room and walks to the altar waiting for both the most important people to arrive.

••••••

I can't believe it, it's been half an hour and I haven't started walking to the aisle yet, apparently  the groom is already there and is waiting for me and my Father figure= Brother.

"Are you ready sis?" My brother asked and.i held his hand. Finally, the wedding was starting and everyone was looking and waiting for me. Slowly, I walked... the music immediately changed to the most beautiful and romantic music I've ever heard, the moment was magical

As I reached the end of the aisle, my Brother handed me to my soon to be husband, the exchanged nods as my Brother left my side to walk onto his seat.

The priest then started to speak, "Here we witness the love of this beloved couple, before we start the wedding ceremony is there anyone who would like to object?" he asked, no one spoke so he continued

I looked behind me to see Astrid, she was giving me a supportive smile, I couldn't help but smile back "Do you Fishlegs Justin Ingerman, take this woman to be your wife, to live together in, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do" he spoke in a very endearing and happy tone

"And do you, Heather Beserker, take this man to be your spouse, to live together in a house full of love, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do" I say wholeheartedly

"Then, I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife, you may kiss the Bride" he says, Fishlegs holds me close and finally, our lips met. The rest of the night was fantastic and perfect. Just like what we had expected.

====================================

THE END ;)

Wait for the bonus scene 😉