Chapter 2

The next day was the full moon meaning that my two best friends were going to lose the love of their lives to not only my twin brother, but me as well. I have somehow always known that they would go back to their ways of loving the same girl, at least this time they are aware of what they are doing.

"Hello dear twin, how are we doing this fine afternoon seeing as how you have not only slept half the day, but also left me to do all of this myself?" Nik came in telling me off as per usual.

"Come on Nik, we both know that I don't care as much as you do." I told him before rolling out of bed to get a shower and ready for the day. "I mean honestly Nik, you really want to unleash the beast within just to not know exactly how to control it. I personally am not ready for that Niklaus. I don't want to not know how to control myself all over again."

"I get it Thena, I do believe me. I hate what mother did to us, and I know deep down you hate it too. I want to believe that you want this just as bad as I do." He said with a tired voice.

"Nik, I will go through this with you, but I don't want to hurt the ones I love. Stefan and Damon Salvatore love the doppelganger. I know how you feel about Stefan Nik, and it's okay to feel how you feel. I know that back then it was different because you couldn't exactly let others know what was happening between you two, but it's different now Nik. You need to give him his memories back, Nik."

"What if he hates me after? I'm going to kill his girl tonight, Athena."

"Oh Nik, we both know he's gonna hate you for a while. There is no way around him being mad." I told him softly.

"I've loved him for so long Thena, I don't know if I will be okay losing him." He started getting upset so I brought him into a hug.

"I need to look at mothers grimoire for the spell she used because I feel we are missing something." I told him while pulling away.

"Okay, you do that and I will go finish setting up for tonight." He said to me before he walked out of the apartment.

"I knew finding the spell would be difficult, but damn it I can't find the damned thing Elijah," I yelled through the phone.

"Sister please, my ears hurt enough having to hear Niklaus talk. Now, I can get you the spell. When do you need it?"

"Seriously Elijah, last century, I needed it last fucking century Elijah. How long have you known where the spell was?"

"Athena I didn't know you needed it." He said.

"Elijah the only way I know if we are doing this ritual the right way is if I have the damn spell."

"I'll bring you the book Athena."

"Thank you Eli."

I poured two glasses of bourbon, one for Elijah and for myself. I started to take a sip of mine as I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in Elijah."

He walked in and gave me a hug before giving me the book. I gave him his glass and started going through the book.

"What's it say? Are you finding what you were looking for?" He asked.

"Oh my god, that bitch." I got my phone out calling Nik.

"Nik, the doppelganger can't die."

"That makes no sense Thena, how can we turn if she doesn't die."

"Let me call Stefan." I hung up before he could say anything else and dialed Stef.

"Hello?" He answered

"Stefan, do you have a plan to save Elena?"

"What are you talking about? Why would we do that?"

"Stefan Salvatore answer my damn question."

"Yes, okay, yes we have a way to save her." He said with a sigh.

"Thank god, keep the plan in play and I will go save her aunt, Caroline Forbes, and Tyler Lockwood."

I hung up and ran towards the caves with an in transition vampire and the woman Jules who is a wolf.

I tore the chains from the other two there and grabbed the aunt, "Let's go people we don't have all day."

"Who the hell are you?" Of course the perky blonde is asking questions instead of getting the hell out of here. 

I roll my eyes, "The one getting you out of here before my idiot brother can sacrifice your dumb asses. So, can we please get a move on? Also, Tyler, I slowed down your turning, but it won't last until you are far enough away from us to not harm your friends." I told them, and Tyler muttered a thank you before running off.

"Why are you helping us if you're Klaus' sister?" Caroline asked me.

"Because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed the doppelganger's friends along with her," I took a breath before saying, "Hi I'm Athena Mikaelson, Klaus Mikaelson's twin sister, it is lovely to meet you."