Chapter 16

"Athena come on, he's gonna find us." Kol said while tugging at my arm.

"Don't worry Kol, I'll protect you. Always and forever."

Those were the last words I spoke to him before the dagger was shoved into his heart from the back. That was the day that I swore to protect him from Niklaus. I stood frozen because I know for a fact that the brother that I care for the most is going to hate me for not protecting him.

I slowly walked down the stairs and into the room where Kol was, and saw him sitting up looking around until his eyes met mine. "Hello." I said in a small voice scared of how he would react to seeing me.

"Hello sister. What's going on? Why did he awaken me now?" He asked me, while getting out of the coffin and walking around stretching his legs.

"I honestly have no clue. He said something about wanting me to be happy before he rushed down here to wake you up. Kol, I'm sorry I didn't protect you. I've been waiting for the right time to wake you up, but every time I tried he would stop me." I know I had tears streaming down my face, but at this point I deserve this. I left him alone, and I can't forgive myself until I know that he forgives me.

"It wasn't your fault Tia, and I know that at the time I wasn't myself and I was causing problems for everyone." Kol said, looking down. I rushed to hug him, knowing that he was beating himself up about it.

"You need different clothes. I have a lot to catch you up on." I linked my arm with his and guided him towards my room where I knew the two boys were. I figure Kol and Ty were the same size or maybe Jer. We need to go shopping for some clothes for him tomorrow.

"Wait a second, what all have I missed?" Kol asked me.

"Marcel is alive, I adopted a teenage girl named Davina, and I am in a relationship with two guys." I listed some of the major things off before adding, "Oh, and Nik and Stefan Salvatore are together." I smiled at him.

"Anything else?" He asked, sounding shocked.

"Well, we found a doppelganger, broke the curse then killed her after taking her blood. Elijah and Katherine, Katerina, have rekindled their flame and are happy, and Bekah is with Marcel trying to harm her family along with him. He claims himself the king of New Orleans now, but it won't be for long." I told him with confidence at the end.

"You broke the curse and I wasn't a part of it?" He asked, sounding a little hurt. Shit, he wanted to be there to see my wolf for the first time.

"I can turn whenever I want now Kol, so you can still see it for the first time. I honestly wasn't in a rush to break it, but now that she is dead I'm glad I did." I told him as we walked up to the bedroom door. I opened it seeing my two favorite guys sitting on the bed waiting for me.

"Took you long enough, and here I was thinking you were at least faster than the average vampire." Tyler said sarcastically.

"Hush now, I still have a wicked bite mister." I told him with a grin.

"Not in front of me you don't." Kol said from beside me in a tone of disgust. I laughed and went to the closet looking for clothes for him to put on. 

We put him in more modern clothes and we sat there talking with each other until a knock sounded at the door making us stop our conversation. "Come in." I said kinda loudly in case it is Davina.

The door opens revealing the girl I thought it was, and she walked in and plopped face down on the bed with a sigh. "What's wrong, my child?" I asked her while playing with her hair.

"Marcel keeps messaging me trying to find out where I am. It is annoying me to no end." She looked up at me then turned to the guys sitting on the other side of the bed. "I don't want him to find me. I didn't like the living terms or what he made me do, and it isn't fair that the witches hate me when I didn't know anything about Marcel using me to kill them." She groaned at the end of her rant.

"Well Sweetie I can get you a new phone with a new number that way he won't contact you anymore. I also contacted a contractor for you to be able to sign the deed to the house, that way if he does show up he can't get in. If you go out you will have to be with one of these three, me, or Klaus and Stefan. This is Kol, one of my other brothers, by the way." I ended, pointing to Kol then I shoved his head slightly for good measure. 

"Rude. I have to bring this up because it has been bugging me since you said it. What did you mean when you said that Marcel won't be king of New Orleans for long? Is Klaus gonna take over?" Kol questioned me, making the other three heads turn to me in confusion.

I looked at Davina with a hurt look not knowing how she was about to take this. "Well that, and I'm gonna kill him."