Chapter 7

Stefan's POV

To say I am nervous is an understatement, I am telling Klaus today that I have been in love with him since the 20's. I also have to tell him that I remember everything, and I am hoping that it doesn't cause problems between us.

Right now Klaus and I are in my old apartment reliving the past while Athena was off getting drunk, or rather waking her sister but Klaus doesn't know that. "Klaus?'

"Yes?" He asked, turning towards me.

"I-I love you." I said then looked down, I don't know why I just did that. After not hearing anything from him I looked up. "Klaus?" I asked, kinda scared of his reaction. When I looked at him he looked shocked.

"You love me? Are you sure?" He asked quietly, "I've done some questionable things in my lifetime Stefan." He said.

"Klaus, I have loved you since the 20's. Athena found me and gave my memories back, but she told me to wait to tell you. I am so sorry-" He cut me off with a kiss to the lips.

Athena's POV

While I have Stefan distracting Niklaus I am waking Rebekah. I pulled the dagger out and waited with the guard for her to wake. I heard a gasp and she shot up looking around frantically.

"Rebekah calm your ass down, you're fine. Here, eat and we can go shopping for clothes for this century." I told her tossing the guard over to her. 

She ate then got out of the casket, "You are such a bitch," she said before pulling me into a bone crushing hug, literally.

We left the warehouse to get new clothes and food with Nik's card. We got to the apartment and thankfully I stopped Beks before she just walked in. I knocked on the door and after waiting five minutes we heard a come in.

"Can we go home now, love birds? I need to speak with Tyler," I told them, "Also, nasty." I told them, rolling my eyes.

"You can go home, if it's okay with Stefan I want to stay for a couple more days." Nik said, pulling Stef to him.

Stefan nodded, "Fine with me. Can you tell Damon that the vacation isn't over?" I nodded before walking off, "Bekah let's go!" I called over my shoulder.

I have been driving for hours and we finally see the welcome sign. "Listen I will tell you this Bekah, travel while you can. I don't care where you go or what you do. I gave you that phone, showed you how it works, and I expect you to let me know what is going on with you if not once a day every other day. If I don't hear from you within the week I will personally come find you and drag you back." I told her sternly, I have always hated how she was treated.

"Thank you Thea, I appreciate it." She said with a smile.

"Let me know where you end up." I gave her the keys and she was on her way. I walked up to my apartment and once again the door was open. What the hell is up with my door always being the one open around here? As I got closer I noticed it was broken and became concerned for the person inside.

"Come on Elena, she's gonna kill you." I heard the male say.

"He's right, you know." I made myself known to them. "My name's Athena, nice to meet you boy I have yet to meet." I said with a smile.

"Jeremy, I tried to tell her you weren't home, but she didn't believe me." He said with a weird look on his face.

"How did you know I wasn't here?" I was confused. No one knew I left except Tyler.

"Tyler told me when he overheard Elena asking Damon about you and Stefan. He didn't say much of anything except your name, so she immediately came here. I tried to stop her numerous times, but she didn't listen." He told me with an exasperated tone.

I nodded, "Elena I need more blood from you. Let's not make it all of it this time. Why the hell did you break into my apartment?" I asked her with an accusing tone in my voice.

"I was looking for Stefan. He obviously isn't here." She put her hands on her hips and had a cocky attitude.

I ran to her and knocked her out, "Jeremy, I am sorry you have this for a sister. I'm getting a pint or two of her blood and she will be on your couch in an hour or two." I sped away before he could say anything.

When I got to the hospital I compelled a nurse to take a pint of blood and give it to me when she was done. I waited in the chair next to Elena and as the nurse was finishing up Elena was waking up. I picked her and the blood up before speeding to her house. I laid her on the couch as Jeremy was walking down the stairs.

"You didn't kill her?" He noted, sounding relieved.

I shook my head, "Couldn't do that to you or Jenna. I'm not an evil person Jeremy, and I don't like that I have been painted that way." I walked outside and sat on the swing. "Growing up was rough on me and Nik. Mostly Nik, as he didn't like our "dad" hurting me so he took my beatings for me. If Nik wasn't there then it was ten times worse because I guess in his mind he needed to make up for the ones he missed. I have spent the better part of a thousand years hating my father, but it has never made me evil. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I am evil, that wasn't my intention." I said with my head down. I don't usually tell people that bit of information, but when he said that he basically thought I was evil enough to kill Elena because of something harmless I was hurt.

"I don't see you as evil, but I do see you as misunderstood." He gave me a small smile before going back in and I made my way to my apartment.