Chapter 13

After I had a couple cups of coffee and caught up with Stefan we went to Rousseau's, which is where I knew Marcel liked to hangout. As we were walking up to the door I kept my eye on Nik, to see his reaction to seeing him alive. As soon as we stepped into the building all chatter stopped.

"Well, I knew you'd call him eventually." Marcel called out to us from the bar.

"Is that gonna be a problem?" Niklaus asked him, not liking the way he was talking to me.

"When has it ever been a problem for you to be around Klaus?" Marcel asked before bringing him into a hug with Nik hugging back laughing.

I turned to my boys, "I want to adopt Davina." I told them.

"Do you think it would help her?" Tyler asked me.

I nodded and looked at them both fully expecting a no as they looked at each other. They turned to look at me, "Okay, as long as you're sure that you can help her better this way." Jeremy said and smiled at me.

"Not only that, Marcel is using her and the attic of a church is no way to keep a teenager safe, just look at Rapunzel." I told them with a small smile at the end as they let out a laugh.

"How are we going to pull this off? Marcel has everyone at his beck and call honey." Jeremy said, grabbing my hand to comfort me.

"I'm gonna go to Father Kieran and tell him that I want to help her, but the right way." I told them with a single nod.

"Alright, let's go." They said getting up.

"Please don't do that again." I said walking behind them to the door, knowing they weren't paying attention to us leaving.

We ended up walking to the church, taking in the sights and holding hands. The walk didn't take that long as the church was close to the bar. We walked through the door and looked for Kieran.

"Hey, Athena right?" He asked when we found him.

"Yeah, I have a question."

"What can I help you with?" He asked, pointing to a chair so we could sit and talk.

"I want to legally adopt Davina. I understand her being here is for her safety, but she's a teenager there is gonna come a time she doesn't want to be hidden away and she's gonna run. I relate to her the most as I am part witch and a strong one at that." I told him.

"Go talk to her about it and see what she wants is all I can say right now. Like you said, she's a teenager she knows what she wants and there's gonna come a time she is gonna just do it and ask questions later if she doesn't have a good role model." I nodded when he finished and got up to walk to the attic to talk to her.

I told the boys to come with me as they would also need to get along with her for this to work out for us. I knocked when I got to the door and waited until I heard her say come in. I walked in and saw her painting, "That's really pretty." I told her.

"Thank you. You brought more people." She noted.

"This is Tyler and Jeremy. We wanted to ask to adopt you, Davina. We want what's best for you, and as long as you stay here Marcel will control you. I know you owe him for saving your life, I've heard the story, but having him control you for this long isn't okay. Controlling you at all isn't okay, and I raised him better than this." I told her, walking up to her and wiped her face as tears started falling.

"You want to adopt me?" She asked looking in my eyes like she was expecting me to lie right to her face.

I nodded with a smile and only the truth showing on my face. She sobbed and hugged me nodding. I started crying and looked at the boys and noticed the tears in their eyes, as they were seeing what I meant when I said she has been living here.

"I have to go talk to Kieran about it and tell him we are taking you home Davina." I told her, pulling away. "Can I pass you to Tyler?" She nodded, and after I did I walked down to Kieran's office.

"She wants to go with us. Draw up the papers and I can come by tomorrow to sign them. We are gonna go ahead and take her home, Kieran." He nodded and I walked back up the stairs and got a bag with some clothes in it and saw Tyler had picked her up to carry her out. We walked out of the church, Davina in Ty's arms, and Jer and I holding hands. We walked to Rousseau's to get the car and drove home.

We laid her in our bed for now, while we went to get her room together. I put new sheets on the bed while Tyler went to get her to put her to bed. I decided that tomorrow after signing papers we can go get her stuff and whatever else she wants to decorate her room with.

While I was standing in the doorway watching Ty tuck her in I heard the door slam open then slam shut and rushed down the stairs. "Be quiet you fucktards, I have a sleeping teenager up stairs." I told the two men who were against the door making out. "Also, ew bedroom, now please." I said, covering my eyes, gagging.