Chapter 11

I turned around and was met with a face I never thought I would see again. "Marcel?" I asked as my voice cracked just a little bit.

"Hey, mom." He smiled and opened his arms out for me to run into. We hugged for what seems like a million years, but was really only for about a minute.

"I thought you were dead." I cried into his shoulder just a little bit.

"I know, I'm sorry. I should have gotten in contact with you somehow." He said with a sad smile.

We pulled apart and that was when I also noticed my sister had a couple tears falling down her face and a sad smile shown. "What's the problem? Why call me and not Klaus?" I asked them, getting straight into it. I didn't really want to dwell on it too much.

"I've found a way to control the witches around here. They don't like the way I'm running things very much though, so I was hoping you could help. They have this thing called the Harvest Ritual," he stopped when he saw the look on my face.

I looked around quickly, "Is there somewhere more private we can talk Marcel? Too many witches are listening in on this conversation, and I really don't like it." I asked him while continuing to look around.

"The compound, I've been living there." He said as we started gathering our things and walked out.

"Wait, our compound?" I asked, feeling a bit hurt that he overtook it, as it took us a while before we could live in it just to have all of this taken away from us.

"All of the rooms are just as y'all left them mom, I promise." He said before he sped off.

I hopped in the driver seat with Jeremy up front, and Tyler and Bekah in the back. "You brought me here because of a witch problem?" I asked in a rude tone as I began driving down the road. I am very upset with her about this, as she made it out to be really bad, and it is, but wouldn't tell me the problem.

"No, I brought you here because I know how much his death hurt you, and I thought you should be the first to know he's alive." She replied with an attitude in her voice. "I only had an idea of what was up with the witches Thea." She said with a softer tone.

"What is the Harvest Ritual? I heard Tyler ask from behind me.

"Essentially what happens is they pick four girls they deem as chosen, then when the ritual starts happening they kill each girl one by one. After they kill the last one they are all supposed to rise from the dead and the bond to their ancestors be reborn or some shit. I made them do away with it as I was the leader so to speak when I lived here in the past. I never liked the fact they were killing teenage girls for magic." I told them before getting out of the car. I waited for Jeremy to be beside me before grabbing him and vamping to the common room to talk to Marcel about this.

"Please warm me next time." Jeremy said from the couch.

I laughed before looking at Marcel, "They aren't supposed to be doing this Marcel. I talked to the ancestors and had them revoke the harvest many moons ago." I told him as I sighed, pouring everyone a drink.

"I know, listen I stopped the ritual from being finished. I saved the last girl. Her name is Davina Claire and I know this is a lot to ask, but I need you to speak to her." He said while he stood across from me with his hands on his hips.

"Why me?" I asked, downing my drink.

"You're the strongest witch I know, and she has a lot of magic."

I sighed, "Where is she?" I asked in an exhausted tone.

"No, we can do that tomorrow. We have been driving for two days, she needs rest before talking to anyone." Tyler spoke up from the couch.

"Alright, you can stay here if you want." He said.

"No, we are staying in the old plantation home." I said.

He nodded, and the three of us got up to leave.

The ride back to the house was quiet, none of us wanting to talk as we were all thinking about what was going to happen. We arrived and as I went to get out I was stopped by Tyler and Jeremy. Tyler lifted me into his arms as Jeremy closed the door and went ahead of us to open the front door. Tyler carried me all the way up the stairs and laid me in the middle of the bed before they both got in beside me and that's how we fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning entangled with both of the boys. I decided to just lay there until they woke up, which wasn't very long after. "Go back to sleep, Thena." Tyler mumbled into my shoulder.

"I can't Tyler, I have to go talk to Davina today." I said as I heard a groan from the other side of me.

"Why? I mean why are you listening to this guy? Who is he to you anyway?" Jeremy asked in what sounded like jealousy towards the end.

"I met him when he was a kid. We were going to bury what we assumed to be the Governor's only child, turns out Marcel was his too. I ended up adopting him legally, and told him that he didn't have to call me mom unless he wanted to. Klaus gave him the name, Marcellus, which means little warrior. He shortened it as he got older and the years went by." I sighed at the end remembering that day again. "Anyways, on the way to bury the guy's son, we came upon a man whipping this child so Nik and I stopped to watch what was happening. Nik killed the guy and we ended up with Marcel being my son. The Governor was furious. Nik had killed his son because he was in love with Rebekah and now we came in and saved his slaved child." I finished the story as they sat and listened.

I got up from the bed and picked out the clothes I was going to wear for the day. "So, he's your son legally and you're just now seeing him again after so long why?" Tyler asked me.

"I thought he died. In the year 1919 we were living here peacefully, but still always aware of the fact that my father Mikael was after us. We didn't know it, but he had found us the night we were going to see a show, and that is the night that we saw, or thought we saw, Mikael kill Marcel in front of us. We fled distraught and watched as he burned the theater down with what we thought to be Marcel's body inside. I was a mess the next couple of years after that." I told them.

I left the bedroom and went into the bathroom to get ready and when I walked out they were still sitting there pondering what I told them. "I'm gonna go see the teenage witch and see what I can do to help the poor girl. I'll also talk to someone about the air conditioning around here." I told them then walked out ready to face the witch.

I know this is a bit odd, a Mikaelson actually wanting to help someone.