Chapter 6

The drive back to Mystic Falls was the worst. Listening to Damon and Stefan argue the whole time about who was going to pick the music, I'll give you a hint it was me. I picked the music the whole ride making them whine the whole time because they didn't get their way. I laid my head on the window and watched the trees pass by. I have always loved nature for the simple fact of the fact that all of it is beautiful. All of the colors of the flowers and the green of the trees. I guess it was the witch part of me that loves it so much.

"Thea, hey, we're here." Damon shook my leg to shake me from my thoughts.

"Okay, thanks boys I'll see you both later." I told them before grabbing my bag and heading to the apartment building. I noticed as I was walking to my door that Nik and started renting the apartment beside me. That made me happy as I went in and straight to my bedroom. I decided that unpacking can wait after I get food, so I grabbed my keys. I didn't bother locking my door, going down to my car and driving to the Grill. 

As I walk through the door I notice that Matt isn't working, but rather playing pool with who I believe to be Tyler. I walk up to them, "Hello boys. How are you doing Tyler? I didn't hurt you that night did I?" I asked him. I knew the spell wore off as soon as he was away from us, but I didn't know if it hurt.

"Nah, it wasn't bad. I've had the turn hurt way worse than that. Thank you by the way, ya know for saving me and my friends." He told me while taking his turn.

"Wait, you saved them? I thought you were with the bad guy." Matt said in a judgy tone.

"Now listen, I am not as bad or as evil as my brother. I will not have you bad mouth me to my face because you don't know me." I told him in a stern voice. "I hate being made out as evil just because of my idiot brothers," I turn to Tyler, "If it is okay with you I would like to have a private conversation with you."

He looked at Matt before turning to me, "Sure just let me know when," he said, writing his number down on a napkin and handed it to me.

I walked away after telling to have a good night and went to the bar. "Hi, can I place a to-go order please?" I asked the bartender.

"Sure, what can I get for you?" He asked me.

"Cheeseburger with a side of double fries and a Dr. Pepper to drink for Athena."

"Alright give us about 15 minutes and I'll call your name." He said before walking away.

I took a seat and before I knew it my name was being called. I got my food and paid before heading home. I don't know why I'm so nervous about talking with Tyler. I just wish I knew what his response would be. He could turn me down or he could accept my offer. I know that Nik said that he wouldn't force the change upon them, but he could always change his mind. I love my brother, but sometimes he could be an asshole to the ones that he doesn't actually care for.

He loves his family and as soon as he builds his army and gets them on vervain he said he will wake them. He puts up with Damon because of his love for Stefan and because they are both always there for me in times of need. Elijah and Klaus have a certain bond that no one, not even I understand. One minute they are breaking things fighting and the next they are helping take down a threat to me. I love them both for it though.

I walked into my apartment and sat my stuff down before noticing Stefan sitting on my couch. "I didn't know where else to go. I needed someone to talk to because I am feeling different things Thena and I don't know what to do." He said with a broken voice.

I never told Nik, but after I found out he compelled Stefan's memories away, I returned them. I couldn't bear to see him not remember my brother or the love they shared. I had told Stefan to never tell Nik until the time was right as to not have him lash out at either of us. "Stef, I know how you feel, but he can't know until the time is right. Maybe we should all go to Chicago. I know we just got back, but maybe all three of us just take a trip up there. Maybe revisit some places we used to hang around." I told him. He sat there for a while trying to convince himself that this is what he needs, but even he knew that deep down he needs to sort things out with Klaus.

By the time he made his decision I had packed and had called Klaus to pack. He was very confused, but listened anyways because I am the oldest. I had Stefan go home and pack and to tell Damon that he needed to go on a trip with us. We would be back within three days, long enough for Nik to find out that Stefan remembers everything and for my lovely sister to be awakened. Nik doesn't know that part yet, but I am going to ask very nicely of him to do this one thing for me. If he doesn't then I shall snap his neck.

I woke up the next morning to the shrill ring of my phone. Without looking I picked up, "Hello?" The sleepiness in my voice is very strong.

"Hey, it's Tyler. I was wondering when we were going to have that conversation you wanted to have." I totally forgot I told him that.

"Oh, um, I totally forgot Tyler. I'm leaving at some point today heading to Chicago with Nik and Stefan. I can get ready and meet you before I leave or I can meet somewhere when I get back." I told him feeling extremely guilty.

"We can meet up when you get back. I hope you have a great trip. Let me know when you get back." He said.

"Sure okay, yeah will do. Bye Tyler." I told him before hanging up.