Chapter 4

Katherine smiled at me, "Hello dear friend. How are you?"

I flashed to her and gave her the biggest hug I possibly could. "Where the hell have you been?" I asked with tears in my eyes, "I have looked everywhere for you."

She hugged me back sniffling, yes the Katherine Pierce has feelings, and also yes they are only towards certain people. "I was running from your brother. Keeping tabs on him and the doppelganger. Do you think he's still mad at me?" She asked me in a hopeful voice.

"I honestly don't know Kat, I haven't heard anything about you from him or Elijah for that matter. I do know that Elijah still cares deeply for you. Five hundred years is a long time to hold a grudge though, we both know that. The only way to know how they feel now would be to ask them." I told her honestly. I didn't really know what else to say about the situation. My brothers were hard to read for the most part, even as their sister who has known them for over a thousand years it is still very difficult.

We hung out until my door opened and in walked Nik and Elijah. Nik was dirty head to toe and looked exhausted but happy at the same time. "Are you okay Nik? You were a wolf for a while." I asked concerned about his well-being.

"I'm fine darling sister, ready to get a shower and get on the road," he told us before walking to the bathroom, "Hello Katerina, hope you can tag along as well. My brother would be happy to have the company as well as my sister." He closed the door and all we could hear after that was the water running. I looked at the other two and noticed we all three had a shocked look on our faces.

"I'm gonna go to the Grill to talk to Stefan and Damon about us leaving. You two figure out how you feel towards each other and how you both are going to work it out." I told them before leaving.

I walked into the grill and saw the two boys I was looking for and walked up to their table, "Hey dumb and dumber mind if I sit?" I asked with a grin on my face.

"Really Thea?" Damon groaned.

"Which is which?" Stef questioned.

"Damon is dumber obviously." I looked at Damon and laughed at the face he was making. Stefan laughed with me before I thought about why I was here and turned serious.

"Boys, I'm leaving with Nik. We are going to hunt for wolves to turn into hybrids, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with us."

They looked at each other before saying yes at the same time. I looked down at the table, "There is one problem though."

"What is it?" Damon asked.

"I need Elena's blood."

They both immediately started protesting. I knew this was going to happen, they both love this girl. "Boys! It is either I go ask her or Klaus goes and takes it. Now, she likes me enough to hear me out. I am going to talk to her and I want both of you to go pack if you are still going with me." I told them standing up.

"Alright." Dames says softly.

"Just please don't hurt her." Stef says.

I walked out of the grill and got into my car before making my way to the gilbert residence to talk to Elena.

When I got there I noticed Jenna and Elena talking on the porch swing and walked up to them. "Hey girls, how are you doing Jenna?" I said/asked.

"I feel amazing, just different at the same time." She said with a smile.

"Elena, I need to talk to you." I told her

"Alright, let's go to my room, "She walked inside, "Come in Athena."

I walked into the house and up the stairs into her room, "What's up Thena?"

"I don't really want to ask you, but knowing my brother he will come and not ask. I know you won't want to, but we need your blood to make more hybrids..." I was starting to ramble.

"How much?" She asked me.

"What." I asked.

"How much blood do you need? A pint? Two? Athena you saved my life so whatever you need I'll help you with." She told me.

"Just a pint, I need to test the theory first before we get any more from you." 

"Just a pint, I need to test the theory first before we get any more from you. We should go to the hospital then because Nik wants to leave soon." I said standing up and pulled her out of her room and out of the house.

The hospital trip was very successful to say the least. We got the blood and I got Elena home safely before going to get the Salvatore brothers and going back to my apartment.