Chapter 20

I knew that eventually the two sides that hate each other the most would need a mediator, but they could have waited a little while. I mean I just killed their supposed leader, they act like they can't survive without one.

"What in the hell is going on here?" I asked everyone.

"Sister please." Elijah said.

"What? I just want to know the plan here Elijah. I actually need to know what you plan on doing with the group that is on the outs with the others. Vampires and witches do not get along Elijah, you know this!" I said to him, starting to feel frustration.

"What do you suggest we do then?" Elijah asked me.

"We bring them into one place for a meeting of sorts." Klaus cut in.

I held my hands up, "See our darling brother gets it Elijah." I said with a smile grateful for my twin.

"How do you suppose that is gonna go?" Elijah asked us with a sigh.

"Well, I for one do not wish to participate in the talking of the meeting." Nik said with a shake of his head and a small smirk on his face.

"Elijah, they aren't gonna wanna listen to you or Nik. You need someone who understands from all sides to be the one speaking. I am all three species into one, and while they might fear me I understand how the witches feel better than the two of you." I said while starting to pace back and forth in front of them.

"While that is true sister, how do you suppose you are going to bring them together?" Nik asked me, throwing his hands up.

"Like I said before, they fear me." I said, then turned and walked out of the building.

Elijah doesn't understand the concept of making people fear him, and while I understand it, I don't normally like to use it. Niklaus is the one that likes people to fear him, and while I am on his side for most everything, wanting someone to do what I want them to do by them fearing me isn't one of them.

"Sister, this meeting is going to turn into a disaster. The vampires are pissed off at you and the witches want nothing to do with any of us now that Marcel is dead." Rebekah called to me from the sidewalk.

"Rebekah be a dear and don't talk to me. You were the one that came to New Orleans, you were the one that called me here, and you were the one that fell in love with him. I am not listening to you whine and bitch about the fact that he is dead, I am not listening to the fact that you think this will not work, and I sure as hell am not going to listen to you go on about how it could have been handled differently." By the time that I was done with my speech she was crying and my chest was heaving.

"It could have though. You and Klaus always go for the plan that leaves someone hurt, and usually that someone is me." She said.

That sentence kinda struck me and made me stop, "Excuse me? I have done nothing but try to protect you from him for a thousand years Bekah. After a while of seeing you go for the wrong guys, the guys that just wanted you for your body while you wanted love, I stopped stepping in because there was no point. Everyone could see it but you." I told her.

"So instead of trying to get me to understand you just left Nik to kill any man that I loved?" She asked me with a scoff.

"You wouldn't listen to anyone, Bekah. I tried countless times to get you to see it our way, but nothing worked. After a while I got tired of being a broken record so I stopped altogether." I told her.

After I said that she turned and walked away, and if I knew that was all I had to do I would have done it a long time ago. Rebekah wants to blame Nik and I for her not finding love, but while it is Nik's fault for not liking anyone I am not to blame. We want what is best for our siblings and if killing someone they love is what is best then so be it.

After the talk with Bekah I went back home to continue doing research on how to get Kai out of the prison world. I think what will have to happen is some good old torture because from what he has said about his dad, he will be hard to convince letting Kai out. At this point anything to keep my daughter alive is worth it though. 

I walked upstairs to put on comfy clothes and walked into Jeremy and Tyler making out. "Without me?" I asked with a pout.

They pulled away and looked at me alarmed, "Oh my god you scared me." Jeremy said.

"Well maybe if you weren't in an intense makeout session you wouldn't have been scared." I sassed them.

"Was that sass I heard?" Tyler's eyes darkened.

"Well, I'm not wrong." I said.

"Yes, but you should know that I don't like disrespect." He said getting off the bed and walking over to me.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I told him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He pecked my lips and I walked over to the dresser pulling out some comfy clothes. "I'm gonna go try to find out more on how to get Kai out of the prison world." I told them, getting undressed.

"I don't know why you feel the need to get him out of the place his family trapped him in." When he finished his sentence Davina screamed and the house shook.

"That's the reason Ty. Kai is a siphon." I told them, pulling my shorts up.

"What the hell is a siphon?" Jeremy asked me.

I sighed, "A siphon is someone who doesn't have their own magic, they get it from other magic sources. So if I can get Kai here he can siphon most of Davina's magic from her and make it easier for her to learn control." I told them, walking to the door.

"Will this be dangerous?" Jeremy asked me again.

"More than likely. From what he's told me his dad is a dick who doesn't want him out. I just hope that I can get him to see it my way without the torture I'm thinking I will need to use." I told them.

"I'm helping you then." Tyler cleared his throat, "I'm sorry, we will help you then. We aren't gonna let you do this alone." Jeremy said.

"What if you get hurt Jer? I get that I can get hurt, but I'll come back. You get hurt to the point that you are dying, there is no guarantee that we will see you again." I said.

"We are gonna help and you are gonna like it. We aren't gonna let you do this on your own." Tyler said, and they followed me down to the library.