Chapter 10 - The Last Goodbye

(Author POV)

Towards the end of the film Jisung felt his eye lids getting heavy. As much as he wanted to stay awake he was too tired and slowly drifted off to sleep in Minho's arms. 

"Sungie?" Minho gently attempted to wake the younger by shaking him. "The film ended... We should go home you look tired." he tried again. This time Jisungs eyes slowly fluttered open. Even though the youngers eyes were now open he was still half asleep and his brain couldn't exactly comprehend much.

"Hm? Where are we Min?" questioned the younger rubbing his eyes to try to get his eyesight back. The older chuckled at the goofy boy in his arms. 

"Just go back to sleep, I'll get you back home." Minho said while he stood up.

"Ho-" before the quokka could reply he was lifted from his position, in bridal style.

"Yah." Jisung tried to protest but he was too tired and gave into the older.

(Minho POV)

(1st person)

As I placed the sleeping squirrel into the car, my phone buzzed. I admired him for another second before sitting down in the drivers seat. I pulled my phone out and saw and unknown number had messaged me. I clicked on the notification, which took me straight to the messages.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

just here to remind you that I'm watching your every step.

you might wanna stay away from that guy... unless you want to get him hurt.

you can't expect me to sit back and watch you have a happy life while you destroyed mine.

I will take anything and everything that could ever make you happy.

you will suffer like I have for the past 6 years 

who the fuck are you?

guess

youngho?!

read

Don't fucking leave me on read

*you blocked this contact*

I turned my phone off and nervously glanced around. Shit. I can't put Jisung in danger. I looked over at the still peacefully sleeping boy next to me with a worried look. Suddenly, I head and noise from behind me making my snap my head around. Nothing. I put the keys in the car starting the engine. I stepped on the gas and reversed the car out of the parking spot. I knew sooner or later this would happen. I should've left Jisung alone to start with. I knew this would happen so why did I put him in danger. 

I pulled up in front of Jisungs house and parked the car. I slowly shook him awake.

"Sung... Jisung. We've arrived baby." I said as he blinked his eyes open. He smiled at me sleepily, which I returned. I was about get out of the car but he pulled me back.

"Thank you, Minho, for today." he smiled but his smile soon disappeared as he said, "But please, don't leave me like everyone else." 

(Jisung POV)

(1st person)

As I finished that sentence I felt a tear escape my watery eyes. I didn't want Minho to leave me like everyone else. Just thinking about it was enough to make me cry. Minho cupped my face wiping away the tear that ran down my face. I could tell he had a lot of questions but he stayed silent seeing he effect thinking about it had on me. 

"I won't Sungie." he smiled at me reassuringly.

"Promise?" I asked holding out my pinky finger.

"Promise." he said while locking his pinky with mine.

(Minho POV)

(1st person)

I smiled at him one last time before getting out the car. The second I turned away my smile faded. I knew I couldn't keep that promise. And I also knew he was watching. Right now. He watched me make that promise. He watched me smile at him. And he knows that I can't keep that promise. He won't even have to break a sweat to destroy my life. All he had to do was simply send a few threatening messages. Within a few seconds he tore apart my world. You might think I'm being dramatic but this isn't the first time he's done it. I should've known. I looked around before opening the passenger seat door. I walked Jisung to his door and we said our goodbyes. I knew it was risky considering he was watching but I wanted to give him one last kiss. A goodbye kiss. Before I ghosted him. He turned around, about to enter his house, but I grabbed his wrist spinning him around. I pulled him closer and put a hand on his waist. With my free hand I softly stroked his cheeks before leaning in to kiss him. My hand moved down to his neck and I tried to deepen the kiss. But soon he pulled away having to catch his breath. I saw the  heat rise to his cheeks as he flushed red.

"Bye Sungie."

"Bye MinMin." he smiled at me with bright eyes. I badly wanted to return the smile but I couldn't. I felt as if I was about to bust into tears. Eventually, I forced a sad smile and turned away from him. The last goodbye. The last time I would see his smile. I made my way back to my car and I felt tears running down my cheeks. I badly wanted to keep the promise. I didn't want to break his heart. But I have no choice. It's either that or I lose him for good. I got into my car and as I was about to drive away when I heard a scream. My heart dropped. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I lied. This won't be a happy chapter after all. Also sorry for not updating for the last 2 days (I think) schools a lot of work 😭 

This was a shorter chapter than usual but I'll try to double update today if I can :) I feel like crying now... great :)

-Emily