Chapter 16 - Trauma

(Author POV)

"I-I'm sorry." Felix muttered.

"What are you sorry for? It okay I understand." Hyunjin replied reassuringly.

"I'm sorry... y-you really wanted t-to watch this f-film and I've r-ruined it." Felix said as tears started to gather in his eyes again.

"Hey! No it's fine! Stop apologising. You apologise too much you know." Hyunjin said attempting to lighten the mood a bit. Felix chuckled sadly and lay his head back down onto the older's chest. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, noticing that the film wasn't the only reason the younger got so scared. The truth was Felix had childhood trauma.

Flashback

"Mum, dad I have something to talk to you guys about." the 16 year old Aussie stated addressing both of his parents. From what he knew his parents loved him to the moon and back so he had no fear of coming out to them. 

"What is it son?" his dad asked in a calm and caring voice. The boy took a deep breath,

"I-I'm... gay..." he stuttered. All his confidence drained as he saw the horrified look on both his parents faces.

"Y-YOU WHAT?!" his father screamed. He walked over to the boy and raised his hand bringing it forward at high speed. When it met the boys face it left a red hand print on his right cheek and caused his face to abruptly snap to the left. His mother had started crying and had her hands over her mouth in shock.

"Lixie... please tell... y-your f-father... this is j-j-just a j-joke." she begged in between sobs. The boy just stood there in complete silence, stunned at his parents reactions. His silence was enough to give his father the answer. This was not a joke. 

His father grabbed the boys wrist harshly and dragged the boy towards a small shoe closet.

"You fucking fagot! Think about what you just said to me and your mother!" and with that final statement he threw the boy into the dark closet. 

The next morning the boys father opened the closet door.

"Have you thought about it son?" he asked the boy with a rather harsh voice. The boy nodded his head I fear. "And what is your sexuality?" his father asked, making sure he wasn't going to be tricked. The boy thought about it for a few seconds but he realised no matter how hard he tried he could never be straight. From a very young age he realised he had no interest in girls like the other boys but always thought it was just because he hadn't met the right one. But as he grew he came to realise his attraction toward the people of the same gender. Considering all these things the boy gave his answer to his father.

"I'm gay. And not you or anyone else for that matter could possibly change that." 

Of course that statement earned his another red handprint on his cheek and the door to be locked onto him again. His parents would open the door 3 times a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each time they provided him with a bottle of water. No matter how much they hated the fact their son was gay they still wouldn't go to the extent of starving and leaving him with no water.

After about a week of opening the door to ask what his sons sexuality was but getting the same answer, the boys father finally had enough. The Monday morning he opened the door he asked the same question.

"So son, what is your sexuality?" 

"I. Am. Gay." 

"You know what? I've had enough. Get the fuck out of my house. You are no longer my son. No son of mine is gay or anything else other than straight!" 

The boy looked up at the man in front of him. The person he once saw as his role model. The person he looked up to. The person he loved the most. His father. Well not anymore. To say the least the boy was disappointed. He wasn't even surprised because he saw this coming. Just pure disappointment. He walked past the man he once called 'dad'. He was now a stranger. He walked though the house he once called 'home'. Now just a simple building. He walked into what used to be his bedroom. He packed a backpack with clothes and important item he would need including a jar of his savings. He walked out without even saying goodbye. He walked down the streets he hoped he'd never have to walk down again. And with that he never went back.

He moved into his Aussie friend's, Chan's, apartment who was kind enough to let him in. He lived alone so he didn't mind having some company. He moved to Korea a few years later and took the boy with him, not wanting to leave him all alone. They finished school there and got into university and now here they were. In Korea. Happier than ever. 

End of flashback

Felix ended up telling Hyunjin every detail while the older listened to his every word. By the end they were both in tears. Hyunjin felt so bad for the treatment the younger received all because of his sexuality.

"So I... g-guess that's w-why I have a big f-fear of... the d-dark. And to be honest I c-could have continued w-watching... the film that didn't... uhm... t-trigger memories or a-anything I'm just really j-jumpy at times..." Felix finished explaining his fear of the dark though sniffs. They were both still sobbing and Hyunjin pulled the younger in even closer, if that was even possible, and kissed his forehead.

"Shhh... d-don't cry. It's all in the p-past. Don't be afraid." he attempted to sound strong for the younger but failed as his own voice broke.

They eventually fell asleep with the shorter lying on top of the taller.

-------------------------------------------------

No the next chapter won't be ✨mature content✨ because I can't bring myself to write that shit plus give them a break they met a few hours ago chill out guys 😰

Also don't ask why I suddenly made my writing very fancy... I scared myself to be honest 😭

Anygays, hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

- Emily :)