Chapter 7

Chapter 7: A Tree Hill Raven always knows that "X" marks the spot.

Haley sat slumping down in her dinner chair as she tried to ignore the stares she was receiving as people passed her table. It just so happened, that when Nathan brought her into the dormitory to patch up the scrape and bruise on her head, the only band-aids left were in florescent colors of pink, yellow, and green. She'd made the mistake of letting Nathan pick the color, which was of course, the "most manly" of them all... green, as well as made the mistake of letting him apply the band-aids over her cut. Yes, that's right, band-aids. Haley sat in her chair, a huge lump on her head, with a giant florescent green X stuck above it.

"Holy shit Haley! What happened to you?" Brooke asked, walking over to join Nathan and Haley, the only two at the dining table so far.

"So much for subtlety," Peyton mumbled under her breath, taking a seat next to Brooke.

"Gee, nice to see you to Brooke!" Haley shouted sarcastically, waving her hand in the air.

"Oh, sorry. But seriously, what happened to your head?!"

"Him," Haley stated blandly shoving a finger in Nathan's direction.

"I see..." Brooke began skeptically. "Nate, I'd heard you liked it rough but-"

"Oh my god Brooke!" Haley shouted, cutting her off, as she gave Nathan a side-glance, watching his satisfied smirk coming across his face. "And you! Don't even think about thinking what I know you're thinking."

"And what is it that I shouldn't even think about thinking even though you know I'm thinking it?" Nathan said, challenging her, causing her to blush.

"You're unbelievable," Haley stated, crossing her arms, adding in a huff. "You cause my head injury and now you're mocking me," before turning towards the girls.

"But really Haley, what happened to your head?" Peyton asked, ignoring the fact it was painfully obvious Haley was trying not to look at Nathan.

"All I was did was sit on the swing and mind my own business. Then out of nowhere I notice I'm actually swinging-"

"Wait so you weren't even swinging?" Brooke interrupted.

"Will you let me finish? And no I wasn't swinging. I was just sitting," Haley said abruptly before continuing. "So out of nowhere I notice I'm actually swinging and turn around to see Nathan's face as he's pushing me. That's when I fell."

"I can see why you fell," Lucas joked, taking a seat with Jake next to his brother. "I'd fall to if I had to see his face unexpectedly."

"You only wish you had the good looks of the family," Nathan chided.

"Whatever man," Lucas said, brushing it off. "I'm guessing this is the reason for Haley's, uh..."

"X? Yes, thank Mr. Stealth over here. I swear this kid sneaks up everywhere," Haley said rolling her eyes.

"Mr. Stealth... sounds kinky," Brooke stated, causing the table to laugh.

"Oh get your mind out of the gutter!" Haley squealed.

"Mr. Stealth?" Nathan questioned. "If you're implying Haley that I sneak up on you places then you're most definitely wrong. I mean, who's to say that you don't just go places you know I'll be."

"That's absurd Nathan!"

"Is it?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Of course! I'd smack you right now but the exertion would probably hurt this huge lump on my head... thanks for that by the way," Haley added sarcastically.