Capricorn f/ Scorpio m

WRITTEN BY:@cookiesinjanuary

During an investment meeting at work one day, a beautiful Capricorn woman with black-brown hair, full red lips, and hazel eyes was waiting impatiently for the last stragglers to enter the conference room. She had a project ready to present and was dressed to impress; wearing a long-sleeve, black flare dress that stopped right above her knees and red platform stilettos. She effortlessly portrayed the typical business woman that demanded undivided attention, though on the inside, she felt self-cautious of what she looked like to everyone else. When everyone was seated, a new board chairman, an overly controlling Leo man, rudely snapped his fingers at her to start. Automatically, she did not like him. Before she officially began to present, her eyes swept across the faces around the conference table. Everyone seemed eager to start, except a blonde-haired Scorpio man, dressed in an all black suit and tie on the edge of the table, closer to her. With his blue eyes, he stared at her in boredom, his chin rested in his right hand and a pen in his left, rolling his eyes when she raised an eyebrow at him. Wow, she thought. She was kinda offended by his attitude, but utterly taken with his appearance and sexy persona. Quickly, though, she snapped back into her "let's-get-down-to-business" attitude and introduced herself. Then, she began her presentation.

When it was over, she received thunderous applause. Though it was small, a rare smile played on the corners of her lips as she absorbed the acknowledgement of her hard work. After all, she believed she deserved it.Except one person didn't seem to agree. It was the Scorpio man, who was now staring heatedly at the Capricorn lady."You had a few loopholes in your ideas, you do know that... right?" He challenged smugly.The woman's smile faded and her cheeks became engulfed in red. Everyone in the room hushed as they observed the two.The Capricorn lady was embarrassed and she would not tolerate the Scorpio man's ignorance, even if he was the most attractive business man she ever saw... and if she was secretly pleased that he had paid exclusive attention to her work (enough to criticize her at that!)."If that's true, then why don't you come up here and explain exactly what was so wrong with it," she demanded angrily. Capricorns hate being embarrassed.The Scorpio man stood and gracefully walked to her side. He presented the good and bad ideas she had come up with, fact and logic all present. Luckily, the Scorpio man was able to shift into how she could fix the problems. To the woman, it was like she'd found a great business partner, even if he was arrogant.Suddenly, the chairman snapped his fingers at them. The pair looked at the Leo chairman and frowned.The woman stood up straight, frowning. "I wish you wouldn't do that," she started. "It's-""Extremely unnecessary and rude, sir," the Scorpio man finished for her, as if reading her mind. They smirked at each other, looking at each other in a new light.Then, everyone left out of the room. The only two remaining were the Scorpio man and Capricorn male. The woman began to pack her things up from her presentation,and the man pretended to do the same. Right before she could leave, the Scorpio man called out to her. "Wait! Hold on a sec," he said, nearly tripping over his own too feet in haste.The Capricorn woman surprised him by quietly giggling. Hardly does a Capricorn even smile."I, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch," he said.The Capricorn woman grinned. "Now?""Now," he replied. He was a little nervous, and the woman could tell."Okay... sure."The man offered her his arm and she linked her arm with his.They walked out of the office asking each other about themselves.'Maybe this could work out, him and I', the Capricorn woman thought. 'Maybe he likes me as I am'.

A/N: It's unedited.... Sorry if there are any mistakes and I am closing one-shot requests for a little while, hope you understand!