Chapter 3

Like clockwork, Onyx and Cyndi met every day during lunch and after dinner for the next few months. It was almost June which would mark the end of Siempre year for them. They had grown so close and weren't afraid to show it. They began sitting together during classes they had together, they would spend lunch together and she would even have Cyndi stay the night with her at times.

Onyx was not ready for intercourse as she had promised her parents that she wouldn't unless it were with the one she knew she had bonded to. That didn't mean that everything else was off the table, of course. They were intimate any chance they had, and had even began holding hands in the halls when walking from class to class. Onyx had even gone so far as to call Cyndi her girlfriend, which was quite the surprise given how much she originally disliked the idea of monogamous relationships.

Cyndi wanted to take things further, but understood Onyxs' reasoning. They tried having an open relationship but Onyx realized how jealous it made her to see Cyndi with other people and it drove her crazy. They agreed that they would keep their relationship between themselves, Cyndi had even promised to save herself for Onyx. This made Onyx feel bad, as she hadn't yet told Cyndi why she didn't want to have sex yet, she didn't want to hurt Cyndi's feelings by telling her she hadn't bonded yet. She really didn't want to ruin what they had.

*************

It was just three weeks before the end of the semester, Onyx had gotten out of Calculus early and decided to visit Cyndi. She knew Cyndi had a free period and would likely be studying somewhere or in her dorm taking a nap. She didn't see her at her usual spot under the willow tree by her favorite cafe so she headed to her dorm instead. As she headed up the stairs, she heard muffled sounds coming from the floor her girlfriend was assigned to and the sounds got louder as she got closer.

It sounded like someone was struggling, possibly Cyndi she thought, so she ran up the last few steps and was shocked by the scene in front of her. Cyndi was on her bed, but she wasn't alone. She was with a male student that was in their chemistry class, they were having sex and Onyx saw everything. Onyx was frozen, she couldn't believe that Cyndi would do this to her. She knew she was generally a flirtatious person and realized she should have seen this coming.

Cyndi had noticed something out of the corner of her eyes and looked over, her eyes met Onyxs'. Tears had formed in Onyxs' eyes and her fists were clenched. Cyndi gasped but when she didn't make him stop, Onyx turned around and went straight to her room, wiping her eyes along the way. Her sadness overweighted her anger which she realized was a good thing, otherwise she feared she would lose her temper as did when she was a child. She lay in her bed and stared at the ceiling, refusing to shed another tear. She went through her phone and deleted anything and everything that had to do with Cyndi, and also blocked her on social media.

She was so confused, Cyndi was such a good person, she thought. She trusted her. Just weeks prior, they had agreed to save themselves so that they would be each other's firsts. The thought of Cyndi went from bringing her nothing but pure joy and comfort to disgust and hate. She wasted no time and immediately planned what she would do to get her revenge. She knew that the class camping trip was coming up in just a weeks during the summer, she decided that would be a great opportunity to make Cyndi regret her decisions.

*************

Onyx begged Dimitras to let her sleep in a cabin with the others. She claimed that she was capable of protecting herself and would be safe. Dimitras believed her and agreed, she liked the idea of sharing her old cabin with Kai again anyways. Once packed, the three of them were driven an hour into the wooded backyard of Greenwood to the campgrounds. It was something the Director always did, she arrived first to help set up and ensure all the cabins were ready for the arrival of students who had just finished their Siempre year.