Chapter 11

Onyx kept her word and nobody found out about her secret relationship with her teacher. They met every Thursday and Tuesday night. Having students rarely show up for study group on Tuesdays worked in their favor. Ava was hardly ever on her mind, Onyx was really starting to enjoy her Prost year at Greenwood.

Although she adored her, the more time Onyx spent with her teacher, the more she realized their bond wasn't mutual. She never felt the same spark she felt when she met Ava, but the woman was stunning nonetheless. Ms. Rodero respected Onyxs' choice to not have intercourse, knowing the girl could only mate with one partner for life. The woman was twenty years older than her and had two kids, Onyx wasn't ready for that.

The mystic games season was about to begin, and Onyx had a new number one fan. She wished she could be with the teacher openly but knew Dimitras would likely not approve.

*************

It was a Wednesday afternoon, Kai had just finished reviewing students drawings that were to be submitted to the school's newspaper before they were released. She had some time to spare between classes so she decided she would stop by Dimitras' lecture hall to say hi. When she entered, she saw the new professor, Mr. Hammond, placing his hands on Dimitras' thighs as she sat on her desk. Dimitras gasped and pushed his hands away then saw Kai. She knew things could get ugly if she didn't do something and fast.

Kai lost her temper in a matter of seconds. Her eyes turned red and she slowly began to grow as her fingers turned to claws. Dimitras looked at the professor and kneed him between the legs as hard as she could, forcing him to the ground as he yelled out from the pain. Dimitras ran to Kai and placed her hand on her wife's chest in an attempt to calm her. Kai didn't want to hurt Dimitras so she slowly returned to her normal form before leaving her lecture hall furiously.

Kai wouldn't speak to Dimitras for three days after the incident, no matter how Dimitras approached her. She felt betrayed and cheated. Once Dimitras had enough of the silent treatment, she entered their bathroom once Kai had just finished showering one Tuesday evening and locked the door. The steam made it hard to see, but she could tell Kai was still ignoring her as she dried her body.

"We are going to talk about what happened, Kai. This is ridiculous." Dimitras said.

"Yes Dimitras, this is ridiculous. Over twenty years you've been loyal to me and then suddenly when a young, new professor comes along, your vows are tossed straight out the window. Vows you made to me, your wife." Onyx said through her teeth. Dimitras sighed as she brought her thumb and middle finger to the bridge of her nose.

"Kai, you came in at the worst time possible. Of course I knew what his intentions were and I was getting ready to fire the idiot before you came in. I can handle myself, you know. I can't believe that because of this you don't trust me. You should know that I wouldn't have ever let anything happen." Dimitras explained. Kai rolled her eyes as she dispensed toothpaste onto her tooth brush.

"Dimitras I don't know what to believe right now. If you knew what his intentions were, he shouldn't have been there in the first place." Kai retorted.

"It's not like I invited him over to my classroom, Kai. Get over yourself and stop acting like a child." Dimitras said, pulling her robe closed as she glared at the girl. She was met with silence as Kai continued getting ready for bed. Dimitras was seeing red. She couldn't believe her. She left the bathroom then made a spot on the couch for Kai to sleep then went to bed.

This went on for days. Kai kept her distance and Dimitras ignored her. Kai was being stubborn and still didn't know why Dimitras let the teacher get as close as she had let him. She was in her lecture hall one day while teaching freehand drawing. The students were showing their drawings to one another, giving each other opinions and constructive criticism. She was assisting a female student who had given her issues before and the girl had stopped making advances towards her, but word had gotten around of Kai and Dimitras' feud. The girl asked Kai's opinion of her drawing that she had made. Kai looked down and saw that it was a self portrait of the girl touching herself with her hand between her legs and her nipple was between her pointer finger and thumb.