Chapter 10

It was towards the end of Onyx's second year at Greenwood, and she was being a depressed little bitch. Her grades had dropped and she wasn't taking any visitors. Her Prost year started after a short summer break, giving her a lot of time to think about what she should do about her Ava situation. She decided she would move on like Kai said, and turn her attention elsewhere. She was tired of sulking about, and wanted to get back outside and enjoy the sun. She was tired of staying in her room feeling bad about herself and knew if she went on like that for much longer, she would drive herself mad.

December came around and she agreed to a party to celebrate her twentieth birthday, but specifically requested that Ava was not invited. Dimitras understood and informed Kira. The party was simple, Dimitras invited only their closest friends, supremes and family. After winter break, Onyx was ready to reach out to Cyndi and Bethany again, and was happy to discover that they welcomed her back with opened arms, and a few BJs on the side.

Onyx was back to her old self and never felt better, or so she told herself. Every time she was asked if she still thought about Ava or was bothered at all about the situation, she brushed it off and seemed unfazed by it all. But inside she knew she would always have thoughts of Ava, tucked away in the back of her mind.

*************

Since Onyx opened back up, she loved the attention she was getting. Word had spread that she was no longer hiding away and she was approached frequently by students of Greenwood, wanting her autograph or a picture with her. Her following on social media had tripled, gaining her more than two million followers. She was known everywhere, especially by humans. She couldn't go to the city for the day with her family or friends without being followed by paparazzi or reporters. Everyone wanted to know where she was or what she was doing.

She was a sex symbol and students around Greenwood knew it. Still, she kept her circle small and enjoyed the company of Bethany and Cyndi as time allowed. She was pleased to find that the three of them shared two classes this year, one of which was Physics with Mrs. Harrison. She was a sweet lady, she was short and wore glasses with lenses that looked to be at least an inch thick. She was the oldest teacher at Greenwood, and was also one of the most boring teachers at the school. She spoke very slowly and had even been caught falling asleep a time or two.

It was a Thursday afternoon, Onyx was on her way to Mrs. Harrison's class. She always sat in the back with Cyndi and Bethany so they could talk since Mrs. Harrison couldn't see or hear past the second row. It was one of Onyxs' favorite classes since it was practically a free period for her, she was able to mess around with her teammates, tossing the plastic figures Mrs. Harrison had lying around back and forth, or she would spend class catching up on the latest gossip with Cyndi and Bethany, which was something she never could have imagined herself liking to do two years prior.

On her way to class, she had seen Ms. Rodero, a freshly divorced professor at Greenwood, drop the papers she was carrying. Onyx ran over to help her. She squatted down to help her pick them up when she noticed that she could clearly see down the front of the woman's dress and she couldn't help but stare. Ms. Rodero looked up at Onyx once she noticed the girl had stopped picking up the papers and noticed she was staring. She smiled and winked playfully before taking the papers from Onyx.

"Thank you, Onyx, that was very kind of you. I'll see you later in Sociology." She said before standing and returning to her room. Onyx smiled and continued to Mrs. Harrison's room. She was a couple minutes late but was able to sneak in without the older professor noticing. She took her seat in the back, with Cyndi and Bethany as usual.

Onyx couldn't stop thinking about Ms. Rodero, her soft, brown skin and her long black hair. She had light, hazel eyes and a pointed nose. Her lips were small and plump and were always dressed with red or tan matte lipstick. She always knew she was beautiful but had never thought anything of it. She felt herself becoming aroused as the image of her plump breasts played in her mind on repeat. She wasn't wearing a bra, and the way she was leaning had partially revealed the areola of her left breast.