Chapter 17

"What was going through your mind? You seemed... elsewhere." Ava sad, her and Onyx were cuddled up on the couch in their room together. She vividly remembered how upset Onyx looked as she strangled the boy and was surprised that she didn't kill Kyle.

"Well I knew it was forced. If it wouldn't have been, I don't think I would have been able to stop myself. I've already been cheated on once and I wouldn't have been able to handle it if it happened again. I just remember seeing him kissing you, and the image of his hands and lips on you triggered me. If I don't get to kiss you, no one does." Onyx said, tightening his arms around Ava, wanting to feel her closer. He never wanted to let her go ever again. "I don't really remember what happened after that, I just remember seeing him on the ground and your hand was on my chest, thank you for talking me out of myself. I was mad and I know he is an awful person, but he doesn't deserve to die because of a stupid game he was trying to play." Onyx added.

Ava placed her hand on Onyxs' chest and sighed. She was just glad they didn't have to deal with Kyle and his antics ever again. She ran her hand up and down Onyxs' side and he began to fall asleep. When her hand wandered over his pocket, she felt the ring through the fabric of his jeans. The more she felt the strange object, the more she realized what it was and she gasped quietly to herself. She smiled then quickly moved her hand away, looking up to make sure Onyx was asleep. She then kissed him on the lips gently, not wanting to wake him but suddenly he held her head in his hands and kissed her back. She smiled against his lips, they kissed for what felt like hours until they both fell asleep together on the couch.

*************

The next few weeks, Onyx was acting weird. Ava knew Onyx had a ring and wondered what he was waiting for, and why he was suddenly spending more time with Dimitras and Kai than usual. It was a Sunday morning, Ava slept in since she had stayed up late the night prior with Onyx, Dimitras and Kai playing games and cards.

Her eyes squinted at the sun that was peering through the trees of the forest on the outskirts of campus. She sat up and stretched, soon realizing that Onyx was not in bed with her. She found this strange since she knew she was typically the first one up, and that Onyx could sleep for days if he wanted to. She showered and washed her face, getting herself ready for her day. She then turned to walk towards her wardrobe in their room. She gasped when she saw a gorgeous, brand new, mid length white flowing dress hanging from the door of the built in wardrobe. It had a small note tied to the hanger that said "wear me."

She smiled and put it on immediately, finding a cute pair of shoes that matched. As she was buckling her shoes, she heard what sounded like small pebbles being thrown intermittently at the large double glass windows on the wall across from the foot of their bed. She smiled to herself as she opened the windows, she was equally surprised and happy to see Sarah when she looked down, who was one of her best friends from Fortuna.

"Sarah? What on earth are you doing here at Greenwood?" Ava shouted down to her.

"Come on! We're late!" Sarah shouted back, signaling for her to come outside. Ava smiled then finished getting ready. When she went outside, Sarah ran to her and they embraced each other tightly.

"Oh, how I've missed you," Ava said as the two friends reunited. After catching up, Sarah took her hand and led her around the side of the main building to a black Rolls Royce that was waiting for them. Ava looked at Sarah with a confused, furrowed brow then giggled, not knowing what Sarah was up to.

"Where is Onyx? Does he know we are going somewhere?" Ava asked, knowing he would be worried if he didn't know where she were.

"Yes don't worry, he knows everything." Sarah said. She got into the car with her and the driver took them down a road that lead into the woods. Ava had never been this way before. Onyx had shown her the campgrounds and the lake but they had passed that road twenty minutes ago. They were driving through the mountains at this point, she looked out the window in awe as she watched a river flowing just down to the right of the road. The driver pulled off onto an old dirt road, then drove for another ten minutes before coming to a complete stop.