CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"hmm~ regardless, i don't wanna talk with you, i want my ran" she said and gave you a playful smirk, provoking you in any situation she could get on purpose.

Her words stung in you, especially the way she says I want my ran. As if you were in a tight competition with a woman much higher than you.. as if you're a mistress..

You let out a sigh, trying to calm yourself from frustration as you said, "he's not here.."

"Then i'll wait~" she said, as then she saw nana jane coming towards the two of you. She brings out a foxy stare to the old lady as if a plan was planted throughout her head.

"Oh, you woman, get me something to drink so you could have something of use" Delilah ordered as you gritted your teeth of seeing how she treats an elder with no bit of respect.

"You can't talk like that to nana jane," you said, having the courage to defend someone to the verbal woman.

"Yes? Dare to speak with me?"

"Miss delilah, sorry to say but my master ordered me to not let you in to the mansion..." nana jane spoke in a politely manner and gentle tone, even after getting disrespected by the unmannered woman infront.

"What should i do... Ran is still on his work.."

"Nana jane is worthy of respect, you cannot talk to her like what you just did.." you calmly said, but seems like she ignored what u just said and went to touch the flower on a vase..

"She's just a maid, a livestock to my world along with you, so who are you to tell me that?" She said, walking towards you with a playful smirk. She grabs your cheeks, gripping on it tightly before you slap it away.

"Nana jane please head to ranyi.." you said and nana jane immediately did what you said so.

"Please leave" you faintly spoke, terribly annoyed with delilah as she let out a loud yet sophisticated laugh.

"You're in no place to tell me to leave, whore."

"I do.. i'm Ran's wife, i have the right to shove peasants away from this house" you stated with confidence, this time feeling no fear for now to stand up for yourself.

"Insane~ then i'll gladly take your Husband away from his wife then" she said before walking away, leaving 5 branded shopping bags to the maids, telling them to give it to Ran.

"Remember, L/n.. I could take anything I want, what could possibly be harder than taking someone?.. leave my Ran or you and your daughter's life would be ruined." She said, threatening you badly.

You're mocked, and you don't know how to react with that statement of her except the agony that you were feeling as you were badly hurt, thinking she could ruin yours and ranyi's life because of the love you devoted for Ran

You fell in the couch, wanting to release the negative thoughts away from your head as you can't help but to tear up, your emotions were a mix of sadness, fear, and anger right now... You need Ran at this time of moment and that he wasn't here is so hard for you..

You tried to calm yourself as you go upstairs to ranyi, you saw ranyi sleeping peacefully at her bed piled up with stuffed toys as nana jane was looking after her. When she saw you enter, her face was upset knowing what happened as you just tear up, hugging nana jane and letting yourself get buried in her shoulders.. you silently cried there as you felt the warmth of nana jane, missing your mother so much, you want to visit her...

"..n-nana jane.."

"Shush shush, young lady.. you're still a girl that has soft feelings, life must be really tough for you right now... But always remember, Master Ran has always been so thankful for you... Ran knows all your hard work and that you were trying to be the wife for him.. but still remember you were just a girl too.. you don't need to bring yourself into hardwork... You're enough okay?" She tries to comfort you that led for you to submerge yourself more into her warm chest until the both of you sit on the edge of ranyi's bed..

"Nana jane... Please be my m-mother for now.." with a voice crack, you let it out as nana jane gladly agreed while patting you like a little child.. this feeling is what you missed ever since you became a mother.. you miss being an only girl so much..

"Tell Ran you want to visit your mother for a week with ranyi okay?, you don't have to endure your feelings to delilah and to madam verta...they won't stop going here to pester you..." She said as you nod slightly on her shoulder before disappearing your consciousness on her shoulders, falling asleep as she warmly smiled while letting you lay down beside your daughter..

"Master Ran loves you so much, young lady.."

.

.

.

.

10 : 49 PM

"Where's y/n, is she still awake?" Ran asked one of the maid. "No master Ran, nana jane says she was in the lady ranyi's room.." the maid answered politely as ran head upstairs to meet with his wife and child.

"..." He found you laying down, asleep, beside the sleeping ranyi and approached you two, giving you a small peck on your forehead when nana jane enters the room.

"Oh Master Ran.. the young lady has fallen asleep hours ago..." She spoke and proceeded to approach Ran to tell some details of what happened.

"Miss Delilah paid a visit A while ago early this afternoon.." nana jane spoked which caught the man's attention.

Nana Jane tells Ran everything about how much her knowledge from the scene a while ago reaches. Including how you were badly hurt from the fear, anger, and sadness you felt as well as how she threatened you..

"..." Ran on the other side was very disappointed at himself for letting this happen, if he only knew he would go home early for you..

"I think, and in my opinion.. Ran, y/n needs to have a week break to her mother's house with ranyi.. delilah and madam verta wouldn't stop for sure.." nana jane said with a warm and calm tone.

"Thanks, Jane.. you've been a very big help, i'm so happy to have you ever since i was born.." Ran said, bringing a warm smile to the old lady before letting her leave for the night..

-

-

-

*⁠.⁠✧ : Sorry everyone for leaving y'all hanging for 4 or 3 months now..

I WILL STILL TRY MY BEST TO GIVE THIS STORY THE PLOT IT DESERVES!!

AGAIN !, I'M VERY SORRY FOR LEAVING THIS CHAPTER VACANT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW..