Divine Conclave (Ózis) - Part I

ACT I

Theos is agitated, his voice uneasy with frustration. "It's impossible for us to win! He is the primordial!" he exclaims, his hands clenched, his eyes wide reflecting the magnitude of his worry.

Beside him, Zulfiqar, imposing in his confidence, counters with an almost provocative serenity. Sitting on the robust trunk of a glergási tree, he wraps a living vine created by Bucu around his wrist. "And we are gods, Theos!" he argues, his tone full of pride, his gaze firm and penetrating. "Máterum shaped us from his own essence, endowed us with a fraction of his power. United, our strength can rival even his."

Lying relaxed on the green grass, Zilevo follows the discussion with a thoughtful gaze. His fingers play unconsciously with the grass as he ponders, reflecting his analytical nature. He joins the conversation with a calm but firm voice. "Zulfiqar is right. Besides, we are not alone in this fight. Réslar, Lésnar, and other gods are on our side, ready to support us."

Theos, with an enigmatic expression, sitting on another trunk next to Tanri, leans forward. "If we don't have a solid and well-structured plan, this war is lost." He gestures subtly with his hands, emphasizing the seriousness of his words. "Máterum not only has gods in his favor but also living planets," his statement thrown esoterically, as he usually does.

I, absorbed by the revelation, fill with curiosity. My heart beats faster, and I lean forward, anxious. "What do you mean 'living planets'?" I ask apprehensively.

Theos continues, immersed in his aura of mystery. "During the period we were confined in Salacrum, Máterum used his power to turn Toihid, Moam, and Térax into living entities."

Zulfiqar, with an expression of skepticism on his face, interrupts, the doubt evident in his voice. "And how did you know this?" He asks while his fingers play distractedly with the vine on his wrist, stretching and releasing it slowly, as if trying to relieve internal tension.

Theos, maintaining a studied calm, responds with a direct gaze, his eyes fixed on Zilevo. "I got this information through Réslar and Lésnar. They infiltrated to discover Máterum's plans and found something disturbing: he transformed Toihid, Moam, and Térax into living entities." He takes a deliberate pause, adding. "Moreover, Lésnar sent me a letter recently; they are hidden, but safe, in the Primárium desert." The way his eyes fix on Zilevo suggests he anticipates the brother's reaction.

Zilevo, until then relaxed, now abruptly rises, irritation blazing on his face. "When did you decide you had the right to command without consulting us?" He inquires, his voice rising in volume, as he abruptly stops the gesture of playing with his hair, a clear sign of his growing agitation.

Theos, aware of the delicate relationship between Zilevo and Lésnar, tries to explain, although his words sound like a weak justification. "There was no other choice. If I had suggested it, you would have opposed it, especially because of Lésnar's presence, with whom you are so intimate," he finishes the sentence, seeming to realize too late that his words might have ignited a short fuse.

"What did you say?!" Zilevo exclaims, rising furiously towards Theos. His eyes sparkle with a rarely seen anger, a testament to how he values his relationship with Lésnar and his aversion to being underestimated or judged.

With an urgency that echoes in my voice, I quickly stand up, inserting myself physically between Theos and Zilevo. "Enough!" I exclaim, extending my arms in an attempt to separate them. I turn to Theos, seeking his eyes, looking for a spark of regret. "Theos, I know it wasn't your intention to offend. You were just referring to the special bond that Zilevo shares with Lésnar, weren't you?" I question, my voice lowering to a softer tone.