Change (Zilevo) - Part III

ACT IV

As the gods depart, the atmosphere subtly shifts. The air, previously laden with the tension of the unknown, now seems lighter, though still permeated with a sense of caution. It's just me, Zulfiqar, and Urum left.

Zulfiqar, with a serious demeanor, turns to me. A ponderous silence hangs between us, as if we're gathering our thoughts before verbalizing them.

Urum, still standing, crosses his arms, his gaze alternating between Zulfiqar and me. He exudes an energy of readiness, as if prepared to spring into action at any moment. His young face is a mask of focus and intensity, demonstrating the seriousness with which he views the situation.

I approach the two, feeling the weight of leadership on my shoulders. "We need to discuss our next steps," I begin, breaking the silence. "Zulfiqar, your mission to Arcríris is vital. We need to know what happened to Ózis and Tempórious. Are you sure you won't need company?" My tone is firm, but laced with fraternal concern.

Zulfiqar nods, understanding the gravity of the task. "Yes, stealth is essential. The more of us there, the higher the risk of detection."

I agree with a nod, recognizing the logic in his words. "So be it." My gaze then shifts to Urum, aware of the bond that ties the two. I observe Zulfiqar's expression, noting the concern in his eyes when he thinks of Urum. I remember how he guided and shaped Urum in Salacrum, creating a bond as deep as the one Máterum had for us.

I remain silent for a moment, pondering the complexity of our bonds. "Certainly Urum will accept, but what about Zulfiqar?" I think, forming a plan in my mind.

Urum's body is sculpted from arduous training under Zulfiqar's tutelage. His muscles are pillars of strength, firm and imposing, witnesses to countless hours dedicated to honing his strength and endurance. Each defined line on his physique represents the commitment and discipline he invested to achieve such form.

His face, though serene, bears the mark of a journey of learning and overcoming. The distinctive scar on his left eyebrow, a memorable thin line, is a trophy earned in one of the intense trainings with Zulfiqar. This scar is more than a reminder of a past duel; it's a symbol of honor and resilience, a constant reminder of the first time he was defeated by his master. Symbolizing Urum's determination to evolve and the deep gratitude he harbors for having such a cunning and skilled mentor as Zulfiqar.

As I observe Urum, my confidence in his ability for the mission I intend to entrust to him strengthens. His calm and controlled breathing shows a serenity earned through a trained mind.

Thus, with a firm look and a resolute voice, I decide to approach Urum about the critical mission I have in mind, fully aware that he is more than capable of fulfilling it. "Urum," I begin, pausing briefly to measure my words. "There's a mission... it's complicated and dangerous. I'll fully understand if you refuse."

Urum, with sharpened curiosity, adjusts his bun in a familiar gesture, a sign that he's ready to listen. "What is it?" He inquires, his gaze fixed on me, the intensity of his attention clear.

"I want you to go to Primárium. Look for Lésnar and Réslar."

Zulfiqar, observing the exchange, interrupts with evident concern. "No, Urum. It's not safe." His tone is assertive, but an underlying unease tinges his words. He wants to protect Urum, a paternal feeling manifesting in his expression. Wishing to talk to Urum alone, but not obtaining his consent.

"It's also not safe going to Arcríris," retorts Urum. "Trust me. I'm capable," he pleads, appealing for respect and trust, a disciple seeking approval from his master.