Chapter 2 :- The Long Lost Voice

Third POV⍟

In just 20 minutes, Alex had managed to make his way to school. As he approached, he noticed a thin crowd of students trickling across the front yard, their voices blending together in a symphony of excitement. Waving and calling out to friends, they all converged on the front doors, eager to start the day. Squeezing through the loud and crowded hallways, Alex finally found himself standing at his locker, next to a familiar face. It was Ava, his friend.

Ava stood there, her vibrant red jacket and matching red jeans catching his attention. Her hair, also a fiery shade of red, perfectly complemented her outfit. It was no secret that Ava had always loved the color red, ever since she was a child. Alex couldn't help but smile as he greeted her.

"Oh hey, Ava," he said warmly.

Ava responded with a simple "Sup," her tone indicating that she might not be in the best mood.

"Not much," Alex replied, trying to keep the conversation going. "How was your summer?"

"It was good," Ava replied curtly.

Alex sensed that something was off, but he didn't want to push her. "Okay," he said, his smile fading slightly.

Just as he was about to continue the conversation, a figure tapped on his shoulder. Turning around, Alex's eyes widened with delight as he saw his best friend, Dwayne, standing there with a bright smile.

"Hey there, Alex boy! How was the summer?" Dwayne asked, his enthusiasm contagious.

"It was awesome! How about yours?" Alex replied, his excitement matching Dwayne's."

Yeah, mine was good too," Dwayne said, his smile never fading.

However, Dwayne's attention quickly shifted to Ava, and his tone took a slight edge. "Hello, witch," he greeted her, raising an eyebrow.

Ava, never one to back down, responded with a playful smirk. "Hello, Fancypants."

Dwayne then turned his attention back to Alex, leaning in closer and whispering in his ear. "So, Alex, I wanted to talk to you about last night."

Alex's body tensed up, a mixture of shock and nervousness washing over him. He tried to remain composed, not wanting to show his true emotions. "Uh? What about last night? Did you go somewhere fun?" he asked, feigning ignorance."

"Don't play dumb, Alex," Dwayne said, his voice serious. "I received some weird texts last night. Did you get any?"

Alex's heart raced, realizing that Dwayne was referring to the mysterious texts from Dyaln they had both received. He decided it was best to address the issue later. "Yeah, I did. Let's talk about it later, okay?"

"Okay, fine. Let's talk later, but don't bail on me. It's important," Dwayne warned, his eyes searching for reassurance. Alex nodded, silently promising to have the conversation soon.

Suddenly, another friend arrived. Her name was Lucy, and she was elegantly dressed in a flowing skirt and a stylish top. Alex was taken aback by her appearance, as she was usually known for her shy and reserved nature.

As Lucy approached Alex, she greeted him with a warm smile, "Hi Alex, how are you?"

Returning her smile, Alex replied, "I'm good, thank you. And how about you? Are you doing well?"

Lucy's smile faded as she was abruptly interrupted by Mateo, Maria, and Emma. Maria, with a hint of disdain in her voice, walked up to Lucy and remarked, "Hey Lucy, what are you wearing? It looks so stupid."