Chapter 10 :- Mysterious Person

(The Day when Alex and his friends had meeting about Dylan at Riverwood Park)

---At night---

Lucy was alone in her room, her studies completed for the day. As she sat there, a sense of boredom began to creep in, prompting her to reach for her phone on the nearby table. With a determined look on her face, she dialed her friend Sofia's number, hoping to find some solace in their conversation.

Meanwhile, Sofia was enjoying her time in Miami, nestled comfortably in her own room. The sound of her phone ringing interrupted her blissful state, and she eagerly picked it up, recognizing Lucy's name on the screen.

"Hi Lucy? How are you? It's been a while, hasn't it?" Sofia greeted her warmly.

Lucy sighed softly, appreciating Sofia's caring nature. "I am fine, Sofia. Sorry for calling so late. How are you?"

Sofia reassured her, "It's fine, Lucy. I'm doing great, as usual. Miami is absolutely amazing. The weather is perfect, and the surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful. It's everything I expected and more."

A hint of envy tinged Lucy's voice as she replied, "That's great to hear, Sofia."

Sofia, ever perceptive, sensed something amiss in Lucy's tone. "Are things going well there?"

Lucy hesitated for a moment, unsure of whether to burden Sofia with her troubles. But the concern in Sofia's voice was undeniable, and she found herself yearning for someone to confide in. "Yeah, kind of."

Sofia's softly said, "Something is clearly bothering you, Lucy. I don't want to pry, but I'm here to listen if you want to talk about it."

Lucy's voice trembled as she spoke to Sofia on the phone. "It's just... Alex thinks Dylan is back." she said, her fear palpable.

Sofia's heart skipped a beat. "Dylan, you say? I don't think that's possible."

Lucy continued, "I am scared. I don't want anything to happen to anyone."

Sofia took a deep breath and said, "Lucy, calm down. It's okay. Don't worry. Look, can you tell me everything?"

Lucy then recounted everything that had happened in the woods, about the strange creatures that Alex and the others had faced, and how they believed that Dylan was back.

Sofia listened intently, her mind racing with thoughts. "Lucy, trust me. We will figure something out, okay? I will also help you in this."

Lucy let out a sigh of relief. "Okay. I'm sorry, but I don't feel okay." she said before hanging up the phone.

Sofia sat there for a moment, trying to process everything. "Well, that was weird."

She got up from her chair and walked over to the balcony, closing the windows. As she turned around, she noticed her phone on the desk and picked it up, placing it beside her on the bed.

She lay down, her mind still racing with thoughts about the strange occurrences in the woods. Sofia couldn't shake off the feeling that something was not right. She closed her eyes, hoping to get some rest, but her mind was too preoccupied.

As she lay there, she heard a faint rustling sound coming from outside her window. She sat up, her heart racing, and peered out into the darkness. But there was nothing there.

Sofia shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. "I must be imagining things," she thought to herself. She lay back down, closed her eyes, and tried to get some rest. But the feeling of unease lingered on.

Sofia gazed at her big, white teddy bear, holding it close as she sought comfort in its embrace. A heavy sigh escaped her lips, as she struggled to escape the haunting and melancholic feelings that seemed to persistently plague her. Memories of happier times flooded her mind, memories of when she and Alvin used to play together, laughing and having fun. But now, everything had changed, and Sofia couldn't help but worry about the well-being of everyone involved.