Chapter 7 :- Creepy Articles

As the school bell rang, they made their way into the classroom. After the final bell of the day, Alex and Ava arranged to meet up. As they gathered, Ava began to share some unsettling information about witchcraft and cults that had been occurring in our town of Riverwood. She suggested that they should do some research in the library to gather more information and find a way to put an end to Dylan's actions. Alex agreed, and together they headed towards Riverwood's library, which was conveniently located just a few minutes away from their school.

Upon entering the library, a hushed silence enveloped the room. They cautiously found a seat near a table and settled into the chairs, eager to begin their investigation.

The library was dimly lit, with rows upon rows of bookshelves stretching towards the ceiling. The musty scent of old books filled the air, creating an atmosphere of mystery and intrigue. Dust particles danced in the sunlight that streamed through the tall windows, casting a soft glow on the worn wooden tables and chairs.

Ava's voice trembled as she spoke, "Okay, listen. This town has a dark history of witch trials and cults. Back in 1975, I'm sure that the disappearance of those people happened. They don't want to reveal this stuff to anyone."

Alex calmly listened, his eyes focused on Ava. "Go on,"

Ava continued, her voice filled with determination, "We should search for death records to find out more about those disappearances. Maybe we can uncover the truth." Alex nodded in agreement.

With a determined look on her face, Ava got up from her chair and made her way to the dusty shelf. She carefully searched through the books and newspapers, her fingers tracing the spines until she found what she was looking for.

Alex's gaze turned towards the four people sitting in the corner of the library. They were sitting calmly with one book in front of them, engrossed in their conversation. Alex couldn't hear their conversation though. Three of them were wearing different scarfs - one green, one blue, and one white. The fourth person was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and white shoes.

Green and blue scarf were sitting together in front of white scarf and black hoodie person. Green scarf spoke up, "Okay. Let's start this. Tell me your nicknames before we tell you the information."

Black hoodie spoke calmly but in a cold tone, "You should give yours first, after all, you asked the question."

Green scarf nodded in agreement and said, "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry about that. I am Frank the Tank."

Blue scarf chimed in, "Rob the Bob."

Black hoodie spoke up, "Vin."

White scarf whispered, "K."

Green scarf whispered, he couldn't believe his ears, "Huh? Gay!?"

White scarf immediately banged the table and yelled, causing a loud thud that reverberated throughout the room. With an air of flamboyance, he began striking a series of exaggerated poses, contorting his body into the shape of letters of the alphabet I, J and K. His voice echoed through the library as he screamed so loud, "I, J, K! K from the King Kong! NOT GAY!!! But his voice started to slow down, and everyone's attention turned towards him, including Alex's. The librarian yelled at him to keep the silence, and K finally took his seat.

Alex couldn't help but wonder what they were discussing. He had never seen them before in the library, and their conversation seemed secretive. He tried to focus on his own work, but his curiosity got the better of him. He glanced over at them again, but they were now engrossed in their book, and their conversation had died down.

Ava also heard the scream, but decided to ignore it, then she returned, carrying an ancient ledger with brass rings, its pages yellowed with age.

"Check this out," Ava said, her excitement evident in her voice.