Chapter 5 :- Getting Ready For The Unexpected

After that intense meeting with his old group, Alex started walking towards his house. As he was walking, he saw a group of three teenagers ganging up on Lucy. It was none other than Maria, Emma, Mateo, and another girl he didn't recognize.

"Great, just great, like tonight wasn't bad enough." He muttered to himself.

Emma spoke up, "Okay, but seriously, this stalker thing is getting a little old."

Lucy replied, "Look, I am just friends with Maria. I want to talk to her and find out why she hates me."

Maria sneered, "Guess you didn't get the message this morning, huh? Let me spell it out for you now. I hate you."

Lucy looked hurt and confused. "But why?"

Maria rolled her eyes. "Look, just go away, you fatty. To me, you are just a pathetic basement-dwelling-"

Alex couldn't take it anymore. He stepped forward, his anger boiling over. "Leave her alone. What's your problem? High School is already hard enough with you guys around, and your pet vultures are preying on everyone here."

Maria turned towards Alex, her snarl turning into a sneer. "Oh, good. Alex, her knight shining in armor, is here to save poor Lucy."

Alex replied, "Yeah, I am here to save her from an evil witch."

Lucy spoke up, "You don't have to do this, Alex. Just go."

Maria said, "For once, we agree on something. I think I have had enough of you, Alex."

Maria turned towards Mateo and said, "Mateo, take care of him for me, please."

Mateo clenched his fists and stepped forward, grinning wickedly. "Let's have some fun, Alex."

But before Mateo could make a move, Kimmy interjected. "No, I got this."

Kimmy grabbed Alex by the elbow, steering him away from the group. "Come on, let's go. They're not worth it."

Mateo frowned, his disappointment evident on his face. "Aww, I wanted to have some fun with him. Anyway, okay, it's fine," he reluctantly conceded.

Maria turned to Kimmy, who was still dragging him away, and asked, "Does that work for you as well?"

Just as Kimmy was forcefully pulling him along, Alex managed to steal a quick glance back at Lucy. Tears streamed down her face, and his heart ached for her. But before he could do anything, Kimmy abruptly stopped, causing him to stumble.

Alex, clearly unhappy with Kimmy's decision to grab him, exclaimed, "How the hell are your hands so freaking strong?"

Kimmy smirked and replied, "Ten years of gymnastics, weirdo."

Alex retorted, "Gymnastics, huh? Explain to me how you're flexible enough to walk around with your head up your own ass."

Confused, she asked, "Excuse me, what's that supposed to mean?"

Alex's frustration was palpable as he snapped, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you hanging out with jerks like Mateo, Emma, and Maria? They are not your friends."

She fell silent for a moment, her gaze shifting uneasily. Finally, she glanced over her shoulder, as if checking for anyone listening.

Alex pressed on, his concern evident in his voice. "Look, trust me. Whatever you want to tell me, tell me. I can help."

She finally looked at him, her eyes watery and on the verge of tears. She was trying to hold them back, but the pain was evident.

With a trembling voice, she confessed, "The truth is, Emma is blackmailing me."