Chapter 6 :- Ghost Hunt

Fifteen feet down the path, transfixed in the beam of Noah's flashlight, Alex saw a twisted creature made of bones. Its skeletal form sent shivers down everyone's spine.

The creature let out a low growl, its eerie sound echoing through the night. Noah exclaimed, "What the hell is that thing?"

Andy, clearly unnerved, muttered, "That's a walking skeleton? I didn't sign up for this."

As the skeleton advanced, a gob of sticky, yellow saliva dripped from its teeth, adding to the grotesque sight. Dwayne, looking to Alex for guidance, said, "Alex, it's your call."

The skeleton creature let out a guttural roar, lunging forward with menacing intent.

Alex's voice trembled as he shouted, "Guys, run!"

Panic consumed them and they swiftly turned, bolting into the dense forest. They crashed through branches and undergrowth, desperate to escape the clutches of the bone creature. But just as they thought they had evaded danger, another hulking figure emerged, blocking our path.

This Skeleton was different, yet eerily similar to the one they had encountered earlier. Fear coursed through their veins as they made a sharp right turn, the skeletons howls echoing behind them. It fell in line beside the first skeleton, and they began to fight, their monstrous forms clashing in a gruesome display.

They continued running towards the ruins, thier hearts pounding in their chests. After what felt like an eternity, they found themselves in a quiet, moonlit clearing. They paused for a few seconds, catching their breath.

Dwayne, still gasping for air, managed to say, "We have to keep moving. Those freaky skeletons are right behind us. Even though they're fighting, one of them might come after us."

Noah nodded in agreement, his eyes scanning the surroundings. "Okay, but what about Dan?"

Suddenly, Ava pointed towards a body lying a few feet away, near a tree. Her voice trembled as she said, "Is that Dan? Hey, look, it's Dan!"

As they turned our attention to the fallen comrade, growls and creepy sounds filled the air. The woods seemed to come alive with burning amber eyes and glinting teeth, surrounding them from all directions.

Dwayne tightened his grip on baseball bat, ready to swing at any moment. Andy cracked his knuckles, preparing himself for the impending battle. Ava stooped down, pulling a long knife from her boot, her determination shining through.

Dwayne eyes got widened, " Woah! Hey, are you a murderer?"

Ava's voice was filled with resolve as she replied, "Yeah, and I'm going to murder these creepy skeletons tonight."

Alex said, "Okay, let's do this."

Just then, two skeletons, exactly like those monsters, sprung up and started moving in a circle around them. They closed in from all sides, their grotesque forms casting eerie shadows in the dim moonlight.

One of the skeleton charged at Alex, its howling cries and discolored fangs sending chills down his spine. But before it could reach him, Dwayne stepped up, his muscles tensed with determination, and swung his bat with all his might. The impact echoed through the air as the creature's head was smashed with a sickening crunch. It was blown away, stumbling back a few steps.

Dwayne stood tall, a triumphant smile on his face. "If you want to get through him, you have to get through me first, baby," he declared, his voice filled with unwavering confidence.

Meanwhile, the second skeleton reared up in front of Ava, its jaws stretched open wide, ready to sink its teeth into her. With lightning-fast reflexes, Dwayne swiftly closed the distance and swung his bat, connecting with the creature's maw. The force of the blow caused chunks of bone and vine to explode in all directions, showering the area with debris.