Chapter 12 :- Heartwarming Reunion

Sofia stared at him, her heart pounding in her chest, and cautiously asked, "Okay, But before you go, can you at least tell me your name?"

With a calm demeanor, he replied, "I will tell you later, okay?"

Sofia reluctantly nodded, her mind racing with questions and uncertainty. He placed his pistol on her study table, causing her to tremble even more. Rising from his chair, he made his way towards the door and descended the stairs. Sofia waited for a moment, contemplating the fact that he knew her, yet she remained oblivious to his identity. Glancing at her purse and her phone, she realized she had the opportunity to contact the police. However, she chose a different course of action. Determined, she rose from the bed, retrieved his pistol from the table, and positioned herself, pointing the weapon at the door. Her hands quivered as she tightly gripped the pistol.

She had been waiting for what felt like an eternity when she finally heard the faint sound of footsteps ascending the stairs. Her heart raced with anticipation as the doorknob turned and the door swung open. There he stood, holding a tantalizing cup of chocolate ice cream. His eyes met hers, and Sofia wasted no time in demanding, "Hands up!"

To her surprise, he remained calm and composed, his gaze unwavering. Frustration welled up within her, and she snapped, "I said, hands up in the air!"

Ignoring her command, he nonchalantly made his way to her bed, taking a seat and leisurely opening the lid of the ice cream cup. With a spoon in hand, he looked up at her and replied, "Can I do that after I finish my ice cream?"

Sofia's anger flared, her patience wearing thin. "No! I want answers now."

Undeterred, he continued to savor each spoonful of the creamy treat. "We can do that later, It's not like I am going anywhere."

Sofia stormed towards him, her anger radiating off her in waves as she menacingly pressed the pistol against his forehead. "Are you listening to me? I said give me answers now!"

Remaining surprisingly calm, he looked back at her with serene eyes and replied, "I told you, I'll answer all your questions after I finish my ice cream."

Her grip on the pistol tightened, and she warned, "I won't hesitate to shoot you. If you want to live, then you better start answering. First, who are you?"

He met her gaze, his eyes transforming into an intense, almost sinister stare. "If you shoot me, you'll regret your decision for the rest of your life" he warned, his voice sending shivers down her spine.

Though Sofia hesitated, she didn't remove the gun from his forehead. She pondered whether shooting him was the right choice, but ultimately, she made up her mind. She tightened her grip and said, "Fine. Any last words?"

Unfazed, he calmly replied, continuing to eat his ice cream, "It's a water gun."

Sofia's anger intensified, and she exclaimed, "Fine!" She pulled the trigger, expecting a loud bang, but instead, a stream of water shot out, drenching his face. Sofia's eyes widened in disbelief as she watched his silky hair become wet, and he nonchalantly stood up from her bed. Filled with fear, she quickly dropped the gun and took a step back.

He let out a sigh and said, "Look, fine. I'll tell you. It's me, Alvin." Sofia stopped in her tracks, her eyes widening in shock. She whispered, barely believing her ears, "Did you say Alvin?" After a few moments of silence, she spoke again, her voice trembling, "No. That's impossible. Alvin is no longer here."

A smile curled on his lips as he confirmed, "It really is me."

She then said, "No, that's not possible. I don't believe you. Alvin disappeared three years ago. You couldn't be him. Tell me, who are you?"