Chapter 36 :- Secrets on the menu

As consciousness gently stirred within me, my eyelids fluttered open, my vision hazy and unfocused. Gradually, the blur cleared, revealing the unfamiliar surroundings of a room. Confusion swept over me until recognition dawned – I was in bed.

Panic gripped me as I remembered the events leading up to this moment. I must have fainted in the lab.

With cautious movements, I sat up, trying to make sense of my situation. The room was eerily quiet, devoid of any presence except for my own. Anxiety gnawed at me as I scanned the empty space, searching for signs of life.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, breaking the silence. My heart skipped a beat as Miss Pervert entered the room, her presence both unwelcome and unsettling. She sauntered towards me with a self-assured gait, her smirk sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey, honey bunny, how are you doing?" she cooed, her voice dripping with false concern. Anger simmered beneath the surface, but I knew I lacked the strength to confront her.

I was pissed off at the sight of her. I managed to say through clenched teeth, "I still feel weak, but I am okay now."

Ignoring my response, she proceeded to examine me with her stethoscope, her touch sending shivers down my spine. I forced myself to endure the discomfort, longing for her to leave.

Finally satisfied, Miss Pervert instructed me to rest before briskly exiting the room, leaving me alone once more. As the door closed behind her, a sense of relief washed over me, mingled with a lingering unease.

As the door swung open once more, this time it was Alice. A radiant smile graced her face, instantly lifting my spirits. Her presence was a balm to my weary soul, filling me with a renewed sense of strength and hope. With gentle grace, she approached me and settled into the chair beside my bed, exuding an air of familiarity.

"How are you feeling?" she inquired, her voice soft and soothing.

A surge of warmth flooded through me at her concern. "Honestly, I wasn't feeling well, but the moment I saw you, I started to feel better now," I confessed, my gaze locked with hers.

Her cheeks flushed pink at my words, and she reached out to playfully ruffle my hair. "I'm glad you're feeling better now," she murmured, her touch sending a delightful shiver down my spine.

I couldn't help but blush in response as she continued to tousle my hair, her fingers weaving through the tangled strands with care.

"What time is it?" I inquired, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between us.

"It's 4 pm right now," she replied, her fingers still working their magic through my hair.

Her presence was like a soothing balm, melting away the residual discomfort and leaving me feeling lighter and more at ease. Yet, beneath the surface, a pang of guilt nagged at me. I had been deceiving her since Elizabeth's arrival, and it was time to come clean.

Since I am feeling better, I think it's time for us to go on a real date. I'm not sure if she has the time for it, but I'd like to give it a try and ask her.

Summoning my courage, I broached the topic of a real date, determined to make amends for my dishonesty. "Um, Alice, would you... I mean, if you... uh... I mean, would you like to go out with me tonight to dinner or something?"
I stumbled over my words, nervous anticipation coursing through me.

Before I could finish my sentence, her eyes sparkled with excitement, and she eagerly cut in, "I'll call to reserve a table. How about we go at 7 pm? Will that be good for you?"

Without waiting for my response, she bounded towards the door, her energy contagious.

Um... okay... wow, that was pretty surprisingly quick! She didn't even give me a chance to answer.