Chapter 22 :- Looming Threat

Dwayne's eyes narrowed as he stared at me, his arms crossed in front of his chest. "You are not my Vinny, What the hell did you do to my Vinny? He never acted like this, so chill and calm."

I held up my hand, interrupting him before he could continue. "Trust me, Dwayne, It's really me. I'm just trying to change."

Dwayne raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "I highly doubt that," he replied.

I let out a sigh, feeling the weight of his doubt pressing down on me. "It is me, really," I insisted.

After a few more moments of back and forth, Dwayne finally seemed to believe that it was still me standing in front of him. I took a deep breath and began to explain everything that had happened at the orphanage, skimming over the details of the fight with the bodyguards. Dwayne listened intently, his expression a mix of surprise and understanding.

"Well, I'm not surprised at all," he said finally, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "You've always been the type to get into fights. But I'm glad to see that you're trying to change. It's really freaking me out, though."

He continued, "Man, I really wish I had been there to see you taking out those bodyguards. I should have brought some popcorn to make it a real show for myself." He chuckled to, imagining the scene.

Not funny at all, I felt a flush of embarrassment creeping up my neck. "I just want to change and be a nice person," I mumbled.

Dwayne shook his head, his hand coming to rest on my shoulder, "What do you mean? You're already the nicest person I've ever met on this planet, I love you just the way you are, bro," he said sincerely.

I responded calmly, "Dude, stop acting like you are my girlfriend, it seriously pisses me off."

Dwayne let out a hearty laugh, "That's more like my Vinny," he said, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

After our laughter subsided, we exchanged waves and went our separate ways. As I walked for a few minutes, I finally arrived at the orphanage. The familiar sight of the building brought a sense of comfort, but it was the sight of Doctor Elizabeth that truly caught my attention. Perched upon a regal chair and a stately table, she exuded an aura of resplendence, her countenance adorned with a straw hat of exquisite craftsmanship and a flowing blue skirt that billowed with every graceful movement. As a physician of great renown, she possessed a singular fashion sense that distinguished her from the masses, a veritable embodiment of elegance and refinement.

Approaching her, I couldn't help but notice the bright smile that adorned her face. She placed her tea cup down and beckoned me to join her. "Hey honey, care to join me?" she asked warmly.

When she asked that question, my mind raced with thoughts, You know, they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away if you throw it hard enough, but in her case, I think I need to take things up a notch. I mean, forget just apples! I should gather every fruit known to mankind and start launching them at her with the force of a thousand cannons! Maybe a barrage of bananas, a volley of watermelons, and a hailstorm of pineapples will do the trick.

I hesitated for a moment, but knowing I had to decline. "Thank you, but I have to decline," I replied regretfully.

Her smile faltered slightly, replaced by a curious expression. "Aww, that made me sad. Why didn't you come last night? I thought you would, for sure," she inquired, placing a hand on her chin. "Lost interest in me?"

I quickly shook my head, wanting to explain the reason behind my absence. "I went to sleep in Alice's room to keep her company. She always sleeps with me, but since she was sick, I decided to give her some company. That's why I didn't come."