Chapter 27 :- Best Friend

I should start packing my things soon. I have to be sure to be ready for everything, and tomorrow I have to leave, so I want to be prepared.

With determination, I got up from my bed and began packing the most important items. However, the biggest problem was deciding what to pack.

After some thought, I decided to prioritize my toothbrush and toothpaste, recognizing their essentiality. I packed them carefully, ensuring they were secure in my backpack. Next, I selected a few sets of clothes, the envelope that Elizabeth gave me and added them to my bag. With a final glance around my room, I confirmed that nothing important was left behind.

Feeling satisfied with my preparations, I sat back down on my bed and started to contemplate the events of tomorrow. I tried to think of a plan, but my mind drew a blank.

I couldn't come up with any ideas. I thought about getting rid of the bodyguards and Elizabeth, but I knew that would have serious consequences. I might end up in jail for doing something like that. Plus, all the people at the orphanage are connected to them, so I can't take that risk. Even if I somehow managed to do it, there's still one bodyguard near Alice. If I went after Elizabeth, she could easily tell the bodyguard to harm Alice.

I paced back and forth in my room, my mind racing with desperate thoughts. I knew that taking down the bodyguards and targeting Elizabeth directly was not a viable option. I was trapped from all sides, with seemingly no way out. But I couldn't give up.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts. I needed to think clearly, to find a solution amidst the chaos. I couldn't let panic cloud my judgment. I closed my eyes and focused, determined to find a way to fight back against Elizabeth and her bodyguards

Come on, Alvin, think. Think. Use your stupid head. There should be a way to fight all of this. I just need to think. After thinking for few minutes, I got an idea.

I quickly got out of my room and ran towards the notice board of the orphanage, my heart was racing with anticipation. As I scanned the list of names for night duty, my eyes landed on the familiar name of Mrs. Warner. A wave of relief washed over me as I realized she was the only one on duty that night.

Without wasting a moment, I made my way towards her room, I was sure that there will be at least one bodyguard standing there. As I approached near her room, my pace slowed, and my nerves began to flutter. Sure enough, there were not just one, but four imposing bodyguards stationed outside her room. I took a deep breath and approached the door, the bodyguards stepping aside to let me in.

Upon entering, I found Mrs. Warner sitting on her bed in a cozy nightgown, a soft smile playing on her lips as she saw me. I closed the door behind me and quickly took a seat beside her.

"Hey, what's up? Shouldn't you be asleep by now?" Mrs. Warner asked, her voice filled with warmth and concern.

"I'm sorry, but I need your help," I replied, my words tumbling out in a rush.

Her eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Oh? It must be important for you to come to me in the middle of the night. What do you need help with?"

I said "I need your help to make me dinner. I'm hungry. I didn't eat dinner today."

Mrs. Warner chuckled at my request. "Of course, come with me. Let's whip up something delicious for you."

We both got up from the bed and made our way out of her room, heading towards the kitchen.

When we reached the bathroom, I suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside, closing the door behind us.

Confused, she looked at me questioningly as I leaned in and whispered, "You know the truth about Elizabeth, right?"