Chapter 9: Drinking Games

(A lil time skip)

I had been living with Zoro for over three months now. He would continue to hunt down some pirates, despite me being one myself, I couldn't stop him.

I chucked on my green vest shirt and black long skirt, then sat around and waited for Zoro to get back from his hunt. I had prepared dinner for him so I was hoping he wouldn't be too late as it would get cold.

My feelings for Zoro were through the roof at this point. But we hadn't really discussed the one time we nearly kissed. I doubt he doesn't feel the same and that's okay.
We still sleep in the bed together but that's about it. And to be honest, it's perfect to me. He somehow stops my nightmares with his presence.

However, I began to notice something odd. A newspaper was dropped off recently by the News Coo and I'm sure I saw my old wanted poster on the front cover. But before I could look, Zoro beat me to it and ripped it up and tossed it in the trash.
And now when a newspaper drops, he beats me to it every time. Sometimes I can look, most of the time it's ripped up.

I've been trying not to overthink anything though. For all I know it could be my eyes seeing things and I could just be paranoid after everything that's happened.

I heard the door open and stood from the sofa to greet Zoro.
He waved a huge bag of Berry around and grinned proudly. I laughed at him as he set it on the table.
"Smells good." He complimented as I rushed to the kitchen and began plating up. I had learned his favourite food was onigiri so I decided to make that with some smoked salmon.

After we ate, he took a shower and I thought I'd do some more training outside. I was slowly getting to grips with my katana. It was almost like this sword was meant for me!

Zoro hadn't trained with me much and started to train by himself. He didn't exactly explain why but I didn't mind it at all. I was getting used to my own thing. Plus he takes his training very serious and does like 300 push ups... Fuck that.

"Oi." I heard Zoro call out so I stopped to look over at him as he was slowly approaching me.
"You ever had alcohol before?" He asked with a smirk plastered on his face. He probably knew the answer already considering I looked a little ashamed to give him the honest answer. 

"Not really. Why?" I asked him back and his smirk remained on his face as he looked down at my flustered self.
"Wanna try it?" He asked and I nodded slowly, in return he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to his house.

I set my blade down and sit on the dining chair as I waited for Zoro to dig out a bottle of whatever he had going. 
He approached and placed a bottle of sake and two glasses on the table and sat opposite me.

"C-Can I ask why this is happening?" I furrowed my brows and watched him pour sake into my glass and then his own.
"Look you don't have to like it. But I love it, and I haven't had it in a while so you can either get drunk with me or you can look after me." He answered with a grin and held his glass in his hand, swirling the liquid gently. I only nodded and bit my lip at his answer and looked down at my drink.

"Try it." Zoro softly ordered, looking at me with encouragement in his eyes. I brought the glass to my lips and let the liquid fall on my tastebuds.

That actually tastes good...

I drank a little more which made Zoro chuckle at me.
"You like it?" He asked with the same grin on his face.
"Yeah, it's quite nice." I set the glass down and he filled it up a little more.

"I thought we could do a drinking game." He suggested and crossed his arms. I raised a brow at him and waited for him to explain.
"I try and guess something about you and if I'm wrong, I drink. We take turns and whoever drinks the most loses."
Zoro explained and I pouted instantly.