Chapter 10: More Drinking

"His name is Shanks."

"He found me on a small boat heading to nowhere important. I was like... Maybe one years old. He and his crew took me into their care. They even found my sword with me." I told Zoro who listened in awe.

"I was a part of the Red Hair Pirates for some time. They didn't let me do much, but I did manage to get my hands on a few pirates." I joked and stared off in to space with a smile on my face.

"I met someone around my age too. He idolised Shanks with every fibre in his body. He always said he was gonna be King of the Pirates. He asked me to join him on his adventure." I downed another glass of sake and could feel a rush of dizziness hit me.

"And I'm guessing you didn't join him." Zoro chimed and I nodded in response whilst setting my glass down on the table.

"I wanted to. I told him one day, when the time was right... I would consider it." I sighed and propped my head up with my hand.
"His name is Luffy. An absolute pure soul who would do anything to help his friends."

Zoro watched as I stared off, thinking about the memories all those years ago.

"Anyway, Shanks is the only family I technically have. My turn." I grinned and watched Zoro grab another bottle of sake from his cupboards.

I stared at Zoro, hoping for something to just pop to mind. I had been distracted by his muscular frame hugging his white T-shirt tightly.

"Hayami." I quickly snap out of my gaze and look up to see Zoro's onyx eyes piercing me with a taunting smirk on his lips. I hide my fired up cheeks with my hands and mentally scream at myself.

"I, um... I can't think of anything." I confessed and drank a little more of the sake. I could feel myself becoming even more dizzy and my body felt lighter.

"Are you sure? Because you've been looking at my body like you want to say something?" Zoro teased and somehow my face has become hotter. I flipped him off and he laughed, drinking more sake.

"Are there any bars around here?" I changed the subject. He nodded and leaned back on his chair.
"Yeah, quite a few. But I figured it's better to have you drink here first before you try one of those places." Zoro explained and folded his arms. "I know you can take care of yourself and all but I just want to make sure you're safe." I smiled at his words and walked over to him.

"I have you to protect me when I struggle." I said to him and sat in his lap, taking his glass from his hand and drinking his sake.
"I think you've had enough now, Hayami." Zoro told me, holding onto my sides to ensure I didn't fall over.

Hayami, what are you doing?

Third Person POV

Hayami sat herself on Zoro's lap, her arms were on his broad, muscular shoulders. Meanwhile, Zoro was the one who became flustered as he cautiously held onto Hayami's waist, being careful to not touch her too much.

"Hayami..." Zoro trailed off as he looked up at the raven haired woman who was practically straddling his lap.
She bit her lip in anticipation and let the alcohol wave over her mind.

"You're quite handsome, Roronoa." She blurted out and gently rested a hand on Zoro's cheek.
Zoro smirked and placed his hand on her arm.
"And you're drunk, Hayami." He told her as he took the glass from her hand and she rolled her eyes and giggled.
"No, you are! You're soooo handsome!" She said again and placed a hand on his large chest.

Zoro chuckled at her drunk behaviour and finished his sake and set the glass on the table.
"You need to go to bed. It's getting late." Zoro ordered Hayami but she pouted at him and adjusted herself on his lap, she accidentally brushed Zoro's private area with her hand and he tensed under her. Thankfully, she didn't realise.

"But I'm comfy here." She whined and wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes.
Zoro took this opportunity to lift her into his arms and carry her to bed. She clung herself tightly to him and wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Mhm, you're so strong." She muttered which made Zoro smirk and hold her closer.

Hayami, what are you doing to me? He thought.

He laid her down on the bed gently and tucked her in the covers. He left the room to get a glass of water for her and when he returned, she was fast asleep.

Zoro admired the sight in front of him. Hayami's lips slightly parted, her hair framing her face perfectly. He sighed and left the room, closing the door behind him gently.

He grabbed a bottle of sake and sat on the sofa, thinking about her.

"You're quite handsome, Roronoa." Played in his head over and over again. The way the words rolled smoothly off her tongue. The way she touched his cheek and then his chest. The way she clung to his body.

"She's drunk." He told himself quietly and shook his head from the thoughts. He drank a huge amount of the alcohol and laid down on the sofa, staring at nothing in particular but thinking of the woman sleeping in his bed.

He thought back to the moment she was dressed up, twirling around for him. And then to her pulling him closely when she had a nightmare. And then to the time they nearly kissed.

"Fuck, Hayami." Zoro whispered lowly and placed the bottle to his lips, taking another drink. "What are you doing to me?"

"Even to this day, they are hunted down." Zoro remembered Sensei's words about the Villin clan.
"Are her family alive?" He asked himself out loud.
"And more importantly..."

"Is she the chosen one?"