Chapter 12: Meeting New People

Zoro's POV

"Why did you help her escape, Roronoa? You should never withhold anything from the Marines." A blonde guy with a shit haircut stood watching me as I was tied up and starved.

I was to be left here and starved for an entire month but food wasn't on my mind at all. I just wanted Hayami to be safe. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Her smile, her beautiful eyes. That damn emerald green glint in her eyes. Her voice, her laugh, her touch. The short kiss before she left.

"Are you even listening to me?!" The guy asked, snapping me out of my thoughts which pissed me off.
"Why keep that woman from us?" He asked but I didn't answer him, I glared up at him in disgust, which pissed him off more.

"We could easily let you go if you tell us where that bitch is." I tensed at his words. I was pissed off at what he called her.
"You just wait until I'm released." I warned him and he laughed at me and walked away.

——————————————————

Third Person POV

Hayami was sat in a random bar drinking, thankfully she had changed her hairstyle and had a fringe to cover some features that people could possibly recognise. She also went by a different name when meeting new people to hide her true identity.

Hayami ordered another glass of sake and sighed, propping her elbow on the bar and held her head up with her hand. She couldn't take Zoro off her mind.

Is he okay? She thought to herself.

She couldn't stop thinking about him. His dark, onyx eyes. His signature smirk that she adored. His fluffy green hair and his raspy voice. She smiled to herself at the thought of the memories they had, the kiss they shared.

"Hey, I know you." A guy in an orange hat snapped her out of her thoughts. She turned to look at him and sighed.
"No you don't." She told him and drank from her cup.

"Yeah, you're right I don't." The man said and took a sip of his beer. "But I wouldn't mind getting to know you." He grinned. Hayami could only laugh at his foolishness.
"The name's Ace. What's yours?" He held out his hand for her to shake. She stared at it for a second before accepting the handshake. "Nice to meet you, Ace. The name is Jade."

"That's a pretty name." Ace complimented with a wink. Hayami chuckled lightly and watched as he took another drink of his beer.
"So, you a pirate?" Hayami questioned as Ace looked shocked. "How did you guess that?!" He asked, sounding amazed.
Hayami pointed to his back and smirked. "You have the infamous Whitebeard tattoo on your back..." She trailed off and he scratched the back of his head, looking embarrassed.
"Oh yeah."

——————————————————

Meanwhile Zoro was being watched from over a wall by two boys. One with a straw hat and the other with pink hair and huge round glasses.

"You're bothering me. Get lost." Zoro told them as he glared up at them.
The straw hat guy was pestering Zoro to join his crew.

Out of nowhere, a very young girl climbed over the wall, carrying some form of food and made her way to the green haired captive.

"What?" He asked her, his voice was surprisingly quite soft as he looked down at the adorable girl. She had a huge smile on her face as she presented some rice balls.
"Are you hungry? I made you some onigiri!" She beamed.

Zoro remembered Hayami's rice balls. They were his favourite thing to eat, especially when she made them.

"You're gonna be killed, shorty. Go away." He warned her, his tone still quite soft.