Chapter 17: Reunited

The figure was stripping from the hazmat suit as she walked out of the lab, everyone turned to look at her as she removed the gas mask.

"She's here!" A child screamed as they all sprinted to Hayami. She smiled through her black mask and a tear fell down her face in relief.
"I'm so glad you're all okay." She hugged them all as they crouched down to her level.

Smoker and Tashigi had froze in place as they stared at the Green Dragon that was strapped to the Villin's back. 
"Is she..." Tashigi questioned and tried to walk closer but Smoker stopped her by placing his hand on her shoulder.
"No, she died." Smoker calmly told her.

"Go and play, I'm just going to sort a few things out." Hayami told the children who nodded and ran off with joy.

Nami, Sanji, Chopper and Usopp ran over to the masked girl and pointed at her.
"Where have you been?!" Usopp asked, making Hayami roll her eyes and smile under her mask.
"I found some paperwork on my way out." Hayami told them and held out the papers which Chopper took.
"They might have something that will help these children, whether it's with the size of them or the drug that's been constantly fed to them." Hayami finished and began walking away to leave but was stopped.

"Wait!" She stopped in her tracks at the sound of Luffy's voice. Her eyes welled up with tears at the sudden guilt that washed over her. Hayami shook her head at the flashbacks from her attempt to save the two brothers and sniffled lightly.

There was one reason in particular why Hayami paid Morgan to fake her death... She didn't want Luffy to know she was alive. She blamed herself for the death of Ace and she was worried he would too. Hayami believed that he would be alive if she didn't pass out from the pain.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked as he stared at the back of his childhood friend.

Smoker and Tashigi stayed put and watched as Luffy slowly walked closer to her.
"Was you the person who watched us fight?" Luffy asked again, getting a little impatient by the silent treatment from Hayami.
"Answer me!" Luffy yelled out. Hayami had wiped her eyes and cleared her throat.

At this point, Zoro was watching his captain yell at the random woman from a far. He was debating whether to go over to them or not.

Law looked up and recognised Hayami as the strange girl who tackled him earlier. He marched over to her and Luffy, getting ready to yell at her too.

"This is the one I was trying to warn you about, Straw Hat-ya." Law began and pointed to the back of Hayami.
"She's the one who tackled me!"

Hayami ensured her mask was covering her nose and lips.
"I already told you it was a mistake." Hayami seethed quietly which angered Law.
Without any warning, Law grabbed Hayami's arm and pulled her in their direction to see her front.
"Tra-guy..." Luffy trailed off as he watched Hayami's body fly like a rag doll.

Hayami's body was drained from all of the uses of her Haki. She was completely exhausted and limp from the amount of subordinates she fought off.
Hayami's now dim green eyes met Law's angered face as she almost fell on him.

"You don't pull a woman around like that!" Sanji bellowed as he pulled Law away from Hayami. Robin had helped Hayami stand straight.

"She could be dangerous!!" Law exclaimed and pushed Sanji off of him. "How do you know she's not going to kill us?!"

Hayami hadn't even noticed Zoro was here and it was just the same for the swordsman himself.
Zoro watched walked over to Smoker and Tashigi with a bottle of sake in his grasp.
"What's going on?" Zoro lazily asked. Tashigi shrugged and folded her arms whilst watching the commotion ahead.