Chapter 16: Annoying Gas-Man-Thing

Hayami walked around the second floor and scoped the place out. As she was doing so, she could hear an annoying laugh coming from one of the rooms down the hall. She grimaced in annoyance and slowly walked over, ready to kill anyone who was responsible for keeping these children captive.

But before she could get to the room, a crowd of people in hazmat suits had surrounded her and aimed various types of weapons at her body. Hayami stood still, thinking of her next move.

Her body trembled a little when she noticed some of the people holding weapons that would release a gas. Most likely one that would knock her out. 
Hayami placed her hand on the hilt of her blade but stopped herself from drawing it out.

This will reveal my identity in a heartbeat!

Hayami gathered up all of her strength and used her Conquerors Haki, knocking the crowd around her to the floor. But she also fell to her knees from all of the drained energy. She had used her Conquerors not too long ago so her body hadn't fully recovered for this time.

She fumbled to her feet and ran before the guards could find out which way she went. She found herself running to an empty locker and shower room and closed the door quietly behind her.

Hayami then began to open up all of the lockers until she finally found a hazmat suit. She threw the suit on over her clothes and placed the gas mask on to cover the majority of her face. Her sword was also hidden behind the huge gas tank on her back.

The suit was extremely heavy but she had no time to complain and left to find out more information about this place.

She looked nodded to a few people in the same uniform and continued walking to the office where the strange laugh could be heard.

She knocked on the door to the office and took a few deep breaths, preparing herself to change her voice to keep her identity.
"Come in!" Someone said from the other side and Hayami quickly did so.

"What is it?" The Gas-Man-Thing asked, not bothering to look up at Hayami at all.
She cleared her throat quietly before speaking.
"Sorry for the interruption, Master. I just thought I'd let you know that a woman has broke in to the facility." Hayami stated as calm as possible and watched as Gas-Man stood from his seat.

He laughed that annoying laugh and had a smirk on his face as he made his way over to the door Hayami was standing near.
"I'll have a wander, but if you see her before I do, seize her and bring her straight over to me."

Before Hayami could respond to her 'boss' the door barged opened causing her to jump forward to stop herself from being hit.

"CAESARRR!" Luffy boomed as he stomped straight into the office.

Thankfully for Hayami, the hazmat suit was covering her gaped mouth as she saw someone who she thought she wouldn't see again.

After a few words passed both of them, they began to fight, leaving Hayami stood still wondering what to do next.
Luffy punched Caesar flying into his desk and his paperwork went up in the air.
Hayami picked up a few sheets but the words caught her eye immediately.

The 'candy' the children were talking about... It's a drug!

"Oi, you!" Hayami stopped reading and her eyes met with Luffy, who had no idea who she was.
"Are you wanting a fight too?!"

Caesar looked over at Hayami as he was on the floor spluttering blood.
"Gas him! What are you doing standing there?!"

Hayami dropped the paper and her eyes scanned the room to find loads of keys in a cabinet behind her.
She yanked the door open and stole almost every key that was hanging up.
"What are you doing?!" Caesar screamed as Luffy punched him again. Hayami ignored them both and bolted out the room.

Luffy seemed quite baffled by the 'guard's' behaviour but continued to beat the life out of Caesar nonetheless.

Hayami sprinted down the stairs, getting a few stares from the fellow guards as she passed by. She made her way down to the Biscuit Room and wasted no time slamming the lock open and barging in.
Because of the hazmat suit, the children began to cower behind the Straw Hat crew.

"Don't you dare hurt them!" Nami warned her and pulled out her Clima-Tact whilst Sanji stood next to her, glaring straight at the 'guard'.

Hayami walked up to Nami without a care in the world and pushed her Clima-Tact to the orange haired girl's chest.
"If you know what's good for them, get them out of here right now." Hayami seethed, staring her directly in the eyes. Nami stood bewitched by the 'guard's' actions and tried to look through the huge gas mask but it was so use.

Hayami stepped back a little and looked around at Nami, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper and Kinemon and a weird looking dragon.
"Now I don't know who the hell you are-" Sanji began but Hayami cut him off quickly.
"I don't care for introductions, I'm getting these children out of here right now!" Hayami retorted and lifted up the gas mask for a few seconds to let everyone see her face.

The children smiled in awe as they realise who it was.
"Hayami! You're back!" They cheered and a few began to cry from happiness.

Sanji stared at Hayami and remembered Zoro saying that name in his sleep.
"Just who the hell are you?!" Sanji asked, completely unfazed by a female presence standing before him. Hayami pulled the mask back down and tossed the crew some keys.
"So here's what we're gonna do." Hayami started and stared at the group with a serious expression.
"You guys are going to do whatever you can to get these children out of here. I will distract as many guards I can find. We will meet at the entrance whereby I will take the children to safety." Hayami ordered and watched as Nami crossed her arms over her chest.

"And how do we know that you're gonna help them?" Nami questioned with a sassy tone. Hayami rolled her eyes and placed a hand on her hip.
"Your captain is currently fighting the big boss." Hayami backchatted. The Straw Hats stared at her with wide eyes.
"You saw Luffy?! How did you know he was our captain?!" Chopper asked in disbelief.

Hayami looked behind her frantically to make sure no one was coming through the door.
"As I was saying, if he's fighting Caesar, make yourselves useful and help these poor children! I won't hesitate to kill any of you for failing this!" Hayami threatened, her green eyes glowed through the goggles of the gas mask, taking everyone back in surprise.
They all nodded to each other and guided the children to follow them out of the room.

Hayami took this as an opportunity to follow slowly behind them, making sure she could take down anyone who would try and stop the group.

——————————————————

After a stressful mission, the children were all free and Caesar was captured by the Straw Hats.

All of the Straw Hats and Trafalgar Law had met up again and were having a banquet outside of the lab. Snow was falling and the children were playing tag, Chopper was treating a few that were injured or drugged during the escape.

Smoker and Law were talking quietly about the Heart Pirate's alliance with Luffy and his crew. Zoro was drinking plenty of sake, ignoring Tashigi's screams whilst Luffy, Usopp and Franky danced. Robin and Nami watched them, giggling at their behaviour. Kinemon, Momonosuke, Brook and Sanji were all perving at the Straw Hat ladies from a distance. 

"Wait a minute, where's Hayami?" The children stopped playing as they asked each other where she was. Nami saw this and began walking over to them.
"We don't know..." Nami trailed off, looking down at the ground. She couldn't bear to look any of the children in the eyes and sighed when she heard them cry over Hayami.

"What's wrong with them?" Tashigi questioned as she ran over and tried to comfort the giant children. As Nami was about to speak, a figure was seen walking out of the lab.