Chapter 14: The War Is Over

The Marines stared at the Red Haired Pirates ship and the jolly roger that waved from the breeze.

Blackbeard was smirking, showing the only teeth he had left. He did his usual laugh, "There he is."

Shanks looked around for his younger sister, he knew she was here. How? He watched the entire island light up green.
His wandering eyes stopped when he saw her, lying unconscious whilst Buggy and Mr 3 protected her. He noticed the pool of blood under her now bandaged arm and sighed to himself.

Hayami had no idea Ace had died despite her brave and painful attempt to save him and Luffy.

Shanks began slowly walking to Hayami, he had everyone's attention. Garp, Sengoku, the Admirals, Warlords... Everyone was gaping at his shocking presence.
"If you continue desiring more and more, it will just increase damage on both sides purposefully." The Red Haired man spoke with ease as he stopped walking, stopping right in front of the body of the girl he raised.

"Those of you who want to fight more," He pulled out his sword and his crew stood strong behind him. "Bring it on, we're happy to fight you!"

Shanks burned holes right into Blackbeard who was standing a few feet in front with his crew. "What do you think, Teech?" Shanks questioned him, ready to practically kill him then and there.

"Zehahahaha." Blackbeard laughed, "You're more handsome than ever, Red Haired. Those scars look good on you." He taunted, referring to the scars over Shanks's eye. But Shanks didn't say anything and just continued to glare at the man who was technically responsible for all of this. Responsible for the former Emperor he respected so much. For his 2nd Commander, Luffy's brother.

"Zehahahaha, we got what we wanted from here. And we're not ready to fight you guys yet." Blackbeard admitted, Yasopp smirked as he lowered his gun.

The Blackbeard Pirates had left the scene quickly. Shanks looked over to Marco who was staring at the bodies of his beloved father and brother, he had tears running down his face profusely.
"Marco, there's nothing to gain here. Just walk away nice and easy." Shanks told him with a sense of comfort in his tone.

Dracula Mihawk, one of the seven Warlords, had started walking away to leave.
"Hawkeye, where are you going?!" A Marine asked him, making the Warlord stop dead in his tracks.
"I agreed to fight Whitebeard, but fighting Red Haired is not in the agreement." He glanced over his shoulder at Shanks and then nodded his head to Hayami on the ground. "Tell her, when she's ready... Come find me. I'm interested." And with that, Mihawk left the scene.

Sengoku's body had changed and he had gone to his normal form, noticing this, Shanks placed his sword away.

Shanks's eyes wandered to the bodies of Portgas D. Ace and Edward Newgate. "For now, you need to do as I say!" Shanks ordered, looking straight to Sengoku.
The Whitebeard Pirates had stopped crying and held their heads down. There had been so many casualties, so many deaths.

The six other Warlords were silent as they watched Shanks's every move carefully. No one was planning on stepping up to fight the Red Haired Pirates. The three Admirals watched as Shanks's eyes focused on Sengoku.

"Whitebeard... Ace..." Shanks began, not taking his eyes off the Fleet Admiral in front. "Let us handle the burial of those two. The war was broadcasted over the world, I won't let you dishonour their deaths in public any longer."

Many Marines began to argue back and shout things at Shanks.
"I agree!" Sengoku's voice boomed, silencing his men immediately. "Only because it's you, Red Haired, I'll allow it!"

Shanks titled his head in respect and appreciation but kept a straight face. "Thanks." He said lowly and nodded to his crew to help with the lifeless bodies of Ace and Whitebeard.