Chapter 11: Don't Look Back

Hayami's POV

My head throbbed from all the alcohol I had last night. I groaned and opened my eyes but frowned when I realised Zoro wasn't there.
Did I take it too far last night?

I kind of remembered what I said as I wasn't completely blacked out. I took a sip of the water next to me and got out of bed. I held my head in pain and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

After I was done, I went to find Zoro, which didn't take long as I saw him fast asleep on the sofa. I stared at him in confusion.

Did I upset him?

A wave of panic rushed over me and I made my way to the kitchen to make food. However I noticed a newspaper had dropped outside so I went to grab it. I left the house and picked it up and brought it back inside.

I hope Kai has been caught.

I sat down in the kitchen and my heart dropped as I stared at the first article.

A reward is to be given for anyone who brings forward members of the Villin clan, alive is preferred.

My heart was beating so fast as I continued to read.

WANTED

ONLY ALIVE
VILLIN D. HAYAMI

625,000,000 Berry

We suspect this woman holds the Green Dragon blade. If spotted, please inform the Marines immediately.

We believe that there are more members out there. We ask that you look out for anyone who could be related to the Villins.

"Wh... What?" Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the article, reading it over and over again. I stared at my old bounty poster and gripped the paper tightly in my hands.

"Fuck!" I couldn't feel the pain in my head anymore and the adrenaline rushed over me. "Fuck!" I shouted again, completely forgetting Zoro was asleep.

Third Person POV

Hayami began to panic and a million ideas rushed into her head. But, her one particular thing stopped her.

Zoro.

That explains why he has my bounty poster!
She thought

"He's gonna turn me in..." She mumbled to herself and ran to the bedroom to grab her sword. She grabbed the blade and placed the strap over her shoulder.

"I need to get out of here." She said to herself and went to run to the door but before she could, Zoro walked in front of her, oblivious to what was going on.

"Haya-" He was cut off before he could finish her name.

"Stay back!" Without hesitation, her katana was pointed directly at Zoro's neck.
Zoro was taken back by Hayami's sudden actions and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Hayami... What's going on?" He asked her, trying to keep calm so she didn't freak out more.

He had noticed she had been crying and slowly raised his hands to show he meant no harm, but she couldn't believe him. There was no answer from her, all that could be heard was her loud exhales from her nervousness.

"You... You were planning on..." She was struggling to get her words out which made Zoro worry more.
"Put the sword down." He softly spoke to her but she was too riled up to listen to him. He tried walking closer to her which made her move the blade closer to him.

"Just stay back!" She yelled at him and began to cry. "Let me leave... Please ." She told him as she sobbed.

Zoro's heart was pounding uncontrollably at her words but still tried to remain calm. He backed away from her slowly this time and watched her in confusion as she cried.