Chapter 18: Contentment

"We should head back, I'll be able to introduce you properly to my crew." Luffy informed Hayami as she nodded her head. Luffy stood up and held out his hand for Hayami to grab, he pulled her up and they began walking back to the banquet.

"I'm sorry for tackling your friend." Hayami apologised quietly as she looked down with embarrassment. Luffy simply laughed and waved a hand.
"Don't even worry about it, Yami."

Everyone watched as the two best friends walked back to everyone. The Straw Hats stood from their seats and approached their captain.

"This is Villin D. Hayami, my longest and dearest friend who will be joining our crew." Luffy announced and gently pushed her forward so everyone could see her.
"This is Nami, she's our amazing navigator!" Nami waved at the girl with a smile.
"No hard feelings from earlier?" She said with a questioning tone. Hayami shook her head and smiled back.
"We both wanted the best for those kids."

Luffy then pointed to Usopp. "This is our sniper, the great Usopp! He never misses!" Usopp scratched the back of his head and held out his other hand for Hayami to shake which she kindly did. 

"This is Sanji! He is the greatest cook of all time!" Sanji grabbed Hayami's hand and placed his lips against her knuckles.
"You are beautiful, Miss." Hayami smiled at the compliment and slowly pulled away.
"Thank you."

Sanji had completely forgotten about the familiarity of her name. He was too busy thinking about her voice ringing through his head, his nose began to bleed as he gazed at the girl with heart eyes.

"This is Chopper, he's the doctor of our crew! Chopper is a devil fruit user which makes him cooler!" Chopper looked up at Hayami with a smile and she kneeled down to his height.
"You're so adorable." Hayami cooed as Chopper began to shake and blush, he clearly couldn't take compliments. 

"This is our archeologist, Nico Robin! She's very intelligent!"
Robin smiled warmly at Hayami and nodded at her.
"It's lovely to meet you. You're so pretty." Hayami told her as they exchanged compliments.

"This is Franky! He's a cool cyborg and he's our shipwright!!" Luffy exclaimed as Franky did his signature pose.
"SUPER! Nice to meet you, gorgeous girly!" Hayami blushed lightly at Franky's words and giggled.

"This is Brook, he's our one and only musician! He can perform any song you can think of!" Brook walked forward to Hayami.
"May I see your panties?" Her eyes widened at the sudden question and within seconds, Nami and Sanji had punched him.

"I never thought a skeleton would ask to see my panties..." Hayami trailed off with a questioning tone but then smiled widely. "Nice to meet you all!"

"Wait, we're missing someone!" Chopper said as he tugged on Luffy's arm.
"Where's-"

A green swordsman walked over with even more booze and had a sly grin on his face.
"Are we getting drunk or not?" He asked as he approached the group.

Hayami tensed up as she recognised the voice. The voice she hadn't heard in years. The voice she missed so much.

"We have someone for you to meet, come here!" Luffy beckoned the green haired swordsman over.
"Oh yeah?" Zoro asked as he set down the bottles of sake and turned to look at his captain and the new woman next to him. He finally caught a glimpse of her face and just like that, his heart fluttered at the familiar features.

"Zoro, meet-"

"Hayami..." Zoro mumbled, loud enough for everyone to hear. Hayami turned her head to finally look and her heart began doing backflips at the man in front of her. She hadn't even noticed his closed and scarred eye or the huge scar on his chest. She knew it was him from the way he called her name.