he sees you smoking (requested)

Minho walked through the door with a small smile on his face.

Although he felt exhausted after a busy day in practice with the boys as they worked hard to prepare for the upcoming tour, he was also feeling happy because he was finally home with you.

"Y/N?" He called out as he looked around for you.

He saw that the back door was open so he knew that you had to be outside.

He didn't get why considering it was a chilly evening but, perhaps, you just needed some fresh air.

He looked out the door and saw you sitting on the porch.

He stepped outside and onto the porch and when you turned your head, he saw you doing something he never thought he'd see.

You were smoking a cigarette.

He could see the smoke leaving your lips and saw your wide eyes upon being caught by him.

"What are you doing?" He frowned as he came over and pulled the cigarette out of your mouth.

He put it out on the steps before he flung it across the yard and out of sight.

"You've never smoked before."

You sighed as he sat down beside you.

He noticed that you were bouncing your knee anxiously and he gently put his hand over your thigh, hoping it would comfort you and you'd calm down.

"I'm sorry." You said.

"When did you start smoking?" He asked.

"A few days ago." You replied as you tried to avoid looking into his eyes.

But he quickly cupped your cheek and turned your head so your eyes would lock with his curious and concerned brown ones.

"I've been stressed and anxious and one of my friends at work said that smoking helps her escape from those feelings. So I bought some after work and I've been sneaking away to smoke them."

He looked away from your gaze and sighed.

"Are you upset at me?"

"No." He said with a soft look in his eyes. "I'm just worried about you and I feel bad. You must be under a lot of stress and be extremely anxious if you're smoking and you didn't come to me."

"It's not that I didn't think I couldn't. You always listen and you're such a sweet and caring boyfriend and I know how lucky I am to have you. But you're under a lot of stress too. And I just felt that maybe I should handle it all myself."

"But this isn't handling it. Y/N, baby, those feelings of relaxation and comfort don't last long. It makes you want to smoke more. It becomes a very powerful habit."

"I know." You quietly said as you showed him your almost empty pack. "This isn't the first pack I've gone through since I started."

He moved closer to you and brushed his fingers across your thigh.

"There are a lot of ways to escape your stress and your anxiety. Better, safer ways. I'm not trying to lecture you, baby. I wouldn't do that to you. But I am worried about you."

"I know."

"And I'm your boyfriend. I love you and care about you more than anything in the world. I don't care what's going on with me or the group, I'm always here for you."

"I know." You said again.

But this time, there was no hint of shame or sadness in your voice.

Instead, you were smiling a little as you took his hand and intertwined your fingers with his.

"And, for some reason, if you don't want to talk to me about whatever is bothering you, there are other ways to handle it. You could start journaling, you could meditate, you could get into therapy if you feel that might help, you could go for a walk, or whatever comes to mind as long as you're safe."

You brought his hand to your lips for a soft kiss and you watched his eyes fill with stars at the feeling.

"You can talk to me or the boys at any time, no matter what. You're not alone. There are other ways to handle whatever you're going through. I love you so much. Please stop smoking. Let's kick this habit before it's too hard or too late."

"Okay." You said before handing him the almost empty pack.

He kissed your forehead softly before going inside and tossing it into the trash can.

He returned to your side after a moment and held his hand out for you to take.

You stood up after tangling your fingers with his and instead of leading you into the house as you thought he might, he pulled you into his arms for a big, warm hug.

You relaxed into his embrace and closed your eyes as your worries and stresses started to fade a little.

There was no judgment about your newfound habit.

There was no look of disgust on his face as he held you, knowing that the smell of cigarette smoke had lingered on the fabric.

There was only love as he kept you secure and held you as close as he could.

"I know it might not seem like it but things will get better. Whatever has you so anxious and stressed will get better soon. And always remember, you're my girl and I will always be here for you."

You lifted your head and put your lips on his for a loving kiss, making him smile a little.

"I love you. Thank you for being here for me and for being the most amazing boyfriend ever."

"I love you more." He whispered and booped your nose playfully before kissing you again. "Now, come on. You're shivering. Let's go in and cuddle."

He wrapped his arm around you and walked into the house with you, happy to make you feel better in whatever way he could.