001.

CHAPTER 01 - THE GUY NEXTDOOR
_________

CHAPTER 01 - THE GUY NEXTDOOR_________

_________

I groan as my mothers hand comes in contact with my cheek. I stumble back, cupping my irritated skin in hopes to ease the pain, but it continues to sting.

"Get the fuck out of my house, (Name). I don't wanna see your face right now." Her voice is demanding. It always scares me when she wouldn't yell at me, but speak to me as if she was about to burst. "I'm so tired of your shit! I've had enough of your disrespect towards me and your father."

"Father couldn't care less about me or you. You know that." I bite back the urge to say more, hesitating, considering the expression of pure anger on her face when I spoke those words.

She grabs my arm, digging her long nails into my skin and forcefully dragging me towards the front door. I yell, telling her that she's hurting me- Yet, mother doesn't care.

"Your father loves us very much! You ungrateful bitch!"

I force my arm back, stumbling once more onto the sharp edge of the marble counter and moaning in pain, the edge stabbing me on the side of my stomach. That's sure to leave a bruise.

"He comes home every night with a new hickey and a new body...Always drunk out of his mind! YOU KNOW THAT, MOM! You know he doesn't fucking care about us. Otherwise he'd actually help raise me. HE'D BE AROUND!"

I'm running out of breath, choking back tears as my chest heaves up and down. I start to see tears form in my mothers eyes as she grits her teeth. She doesn't want to accept the truth- Father doesn't care. He comes home after midnight, claiming to be caught up in work. But we both know that isn't true. We aren't even sure if he actually has a job.

She screams, doesn't say anything, just screams. She grabs a fragile vase and throws it on the ground, the glass shattering. I gasp, stepping back.

Loud bangs are then heard through the wall nextdoor. "Shut the fuck up before I call the cops again!" The old snarky mans voice nextdoor is heard. It's muffled, but definitely apparent.

This isn't the first time we've gotten complaints. Cops have been called, several times. But they couldn't do anything because I was already considered an adult. I could make my own choices. And it would always be covered up with silly excuses, the police never putting much effort into it. If only the neighbors had caught up when I was younger.