016.

CHAPTER 16 - I CARE, TOO
_________

CHAPTER 16 - I CARE, TOO_________

_________

"You always fuck things up, man." With an exasperated sigh, Gojo complains on the other line of the phone call.

I feel like a jerk. I was...I am. Her friends are probably telling her I'm not worth it- which wouldn't really be a lie.

"I'ma tell you what you needa' do, okay?" He says. I blink slowly, looking down at the staircase. "Mm?"

"Bring the girl some flowers- oh man, girls love that shit- and then sing her a song. You know what? You should also bring her a cake that says 'I'm sorry for being a bitch and I love you!"

I don't respond.
Gojo waits, "Yeah?"

"I think she'd rip the flowers apart and throw the cake in my face mid song."

He groans, "Do something."
"What am I supposed to do? She hates me." I yank my hoodie over my hair and hang my head low. "She doesn't hate you... you just...hurt her feelings."

"Yea, so she hates me."

Sudddnly, a feminine but familiar voice speaks through to me. It's not a voice I expect but I start thanking the heavens above when I realize who's there with Gojo. "Utahime?"

Maybe I could get a different perspective of things with her input; it's hard to apologize to women.

With a stern, "Yes. You should apologize." The white-haired yells with agreement in the background.
None the wiser.

I suck in my cheeks, before pushing my tongue against the inside. "...I'm leaving soon." He chimes in to respond, "She still deserves an apology."

He's right- for the first time. But how- if she doesn't want to talk to me; Let alone, look at my face?

"Just say sorry- all you have to do. Then, confess your profound feelings!" An encouraging tone fills his sarcastic voice. "What profound feelings?" I scoff.
"Quit being a pussy. You like her."

...

"As wrong as you are, it doesn't matter anymore."
Gojo sighs, "You're both gonna be depressed for the rest of your lives- even more so than you are now if you just end like that." He continues in a low tone, "I've unfortunately had experience."